So when are we going to start seeing Android magazines?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have to admit I am jealous and covet the dedicated magazines that apple has on the newsstand...everytime I'm in a store I check it out to see if theres mags with articles about Android. The best I've found is that every couple of months, Smartphone Essentials will have some blurb about Android but they seem mostly concerned with blackberry and winmo. Apple has a couple dedicated mags including their official app directories. I think its just a matter of time before we see that sort of thing for android and the market, having just broken 50,000 apps with a ton of new phones coming out.

Advertisement
  2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

People still... read paper magazines? I've come to see them as useless waste of space/money/dead trees. Tech blogs etc are way, way more up-to-date.

Yes, I do read paper books, but there's no equivalent for it online and free in terms of quality--and fiction has a lot of text, which causes eye-strain if read on an LCD monitor, but magazines? Bah.

3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes, they do [​IMG]

4. aand

aand Member

Not so much! ;) I started a magazine in 2004 ('girl tech' style thing) grew it for 2 years, sold it to a big company, consulted and wrote for them for 2 years and then it died. Not because it wasn't good, but because the audience by definition was DIGITAL. The BIG company didn't want to go digital (though I TRIED with all my might), so they ditched that title along with 10 others. Good thing I got my money in the sale a couple years earlier!

Android fans are "by definition" digital, so unless you're delivering the content via their toys, I doubt a dedicated mag would fly.

5. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

Android is also fragmented across lots of different hardware devices. That is great, as it will quickly kill Apples marketshare, but you won't see magazines, for that same reason.

6. aggieandroid84

aggieandroid84 Active Member

Besides, magazines can't keep up with the rate at which android news is generated, lol

7. disney_mommy

disney_mommy Active Member

I would also love to read an Android mag. I know it's practically old fashioned, but there are still times when I would prefer a magazine to reading something online.