• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So when are we going to start seeing Android magazines?

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
I have to admit I am jealous and covet the dedicated magazines that apple has on the newsstand...everytime I'm in a store I check it out to see if theres mags with articles about Android. The best I've found is that every couple of months, Smartphone Essentials will have some blurb about Android but they seem mostly concerned with blackberry and winmo. Apple has a couple dedicated mags including their official app directories. I think its just a matter of time before we see that sort of thing for android and the market, having just broken 50,000 apps with a ton of new phones coming out.

People still... read paper magazines? I've come to see them as useless waste of space/money/dead trees. Tech blogs etc are way, way more up-to-date.

Yes, I do read paper books, but there's no equivalent for it online and free in terms of quality--and fiction has a lot of text, which causes eye-strain if read on an LCD monitor, but magazines? Bah.

Upvote 0
yes, they do
rkae4g.gif

Upvote 0
People still... read paper magazines?

Not so much! ;) I started a magazine in 2004 ('girl tech' style thing) grew it for 2 years, sold it to a big company, consulted and wrote for them for 2 years and then it died. Not because it wasn't good, but because the audience by definition was DIGITAL. The BIG company didn't want to go digital (though I TRIED with all my might), so they ditched that title along with 10 others. Good thing I got my money in the sale a couple years earlier!

Android fans are "by definition" digital, so unless you're delivering the content via their toys, I doubt a dedicated mag would fly.

Upvote 0
People still... read paper magazines? I've come to see them as useless waste of space/money/dead trees. Tech blogs etc are way, way more up-to-date.

Yes, I do read paper books, but there's no equivalent for it online and free in terms of quality--and fiction has a lot of text, which causes eye-strain if read on an LCD monitor, but magazines? Bah.

Besides, magazines can't keep up with the rate at which android news is generated, lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones