So when the time comes to make a choice between the extended battery and/or using a case.....Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

Which one will you pick? Cause as it stands I dont think Verizon will make cases for extended back covers.

This thread basically applies to people who currently have cases and are seriously considering a bigger battery.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Bigger battery.

3. Hand76

And go naked? I just know once I take my case off I will probably drop the phone.

4. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

Ill stick with my case and endure the pain. My case has already saved my phone multiple times already.

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I'd have to go with my case. It has definitely saved my phone from a few bumps and bruises, and I can get a full days worth of use out of it. I don't mind charging every night.

6. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

I like my gradient case...

The cost of paying more for a new battery and new case doesnt sit well with me.

However, on the top right corner front side of my case, the black is peeling and is showing red from where i dropped it. And slowly starting to flake off..

If it gets too bad I might have to upgrade because I dont want an all red plastic case..

7. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

umm get the 1750 and whatever case you want too.....

8. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

+1 for the 1750+whatever case you want.

It's all the battery you should need unless you are planning on a safari.

9. Hand76

I already have the 1750 and yes it is a nicer bump up from the 1300 but it certainly doesn't fall into the "all the battery I need" category.

First off regardless of what battery you have the first 10% is gone in 30 minutes.

10. nightfishing

I am at 88% after three hours.

11. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

you are doing it wrong....

12. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

This. And I would recommend the seidio case, personally I think it's the best case out for the incredible.

If you don't mind the phone being thicker...seidio says they will also make a 3500mah battery and will also make a case for that.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  13. Hand76

Next time try turning the phone on. :p But really I dont buy that unless you are doing the trick where you shut the phone off and continue to charge or you have not used the phone at all.

14. nightfishing

I unplugged it and actually did a crossword puzzle (shortyz).

(I don't do any of the charger voodoo LOL)

3:38 and 87% left. I have 15:15 out of 17:33 remaining (in case you want to do the math).

Granted its Saturday night, so I haven't done much else (couple of texts, a little market surfing).

15. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

im going with the 2150, i use the nexus one pouch so... perfecto i hate the stock battery btw

16. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

I have 3 HTC batteries and an external charger. So I am keeping my case.

17. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

I'm getting the 2150mAh with the new back as soon as it becomes available from Verzion. I may or may not get a screen protector. I baby this phone so much, that I'm not too worried. Unless I can find something that isn't sticky and doesn't look like crap, I will be a hard sell. The new back with the 2150 will look identical to the original, just large enough for the new battery. A little heft and a mm or two, would actually be better for me.

18. crashdogy

crashdogy Well-Known Member

I think by moding the old back and using the a case cover some thing can be worked out. So it fits and looks good.

19. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

You obviously havent seen the picture of the new battery and back case in the accessories sub forum. A few mm or two is the biggest understatement of the year. That thing is gargantuan.

20. Hand76

That's not a bad idea actually, maybe cut or the center so the case still fits.

21. Hand76

For the 2150 or that 3000+ model?

22. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member

Nope, you're in the wrong here.

One SECOND after unplugging my phone this morning I was at 98%, and after 30 minutes of non-use (in my pocket, screen off) I was at 92%. After an hour I'm at 90% and things get more reasonable from here, at least at rest.

That first 10% of battery juice is just vapor. And btw I've wasted hours of my time trying the voodoo charge on / charge off / charge on BS too. Doesn't help except for that one charge.

23. Hand76

Oh wow I just went to the accesories board and saw pics of the new battery with the extended case..... :eek: That thing is ugly. Instead of making the entire back case bigger they just pushed the middle section out.

Wow that looks terrible maybe I will pass...

24. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

I plan on getting the exrended. I use the N1 sleeve, so i alreadt have no case.

25. nightfishing

You should spend some time with Battery Left.

It will show you much more accurate usage percentages than the stock sensor provides.