So where's the Touchwiz interface

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What parts of the UI are Touchwiz and which parts are pure Android?

I looked at screen shots of the Android system on the Web and with the exception of some different buttons here and missing ones there, they look very similar to me.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Touchwiz 3.0 give users the ability to scroll through widgets, custom live wallpapers, different input methods when typing and a custom app drawer. It also give the phone that toggle setting to switch wifi on and off, Bluetooth, silent, etc.

3. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

You really can't identify touchwiz. Load a different launcher, like launcherpro and you'll see what changes. Basically touchwiz is a skin on the android interface. Think kind of like a theme in windows.

4. ZDroid1

I just installed launcher pro. Holy cow. Is this the pure Android UI?

It seems more minimalistic than touch wiz. I like that. Is there as performance or battery cost?

Thanks for the tip!

5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

long press on one of the dock items and it will allow you to change the shortcut

6. ZDroid1

I thought there was no way to get rid of touch wiz without rooting or flashing. Does that mn that launcher pro is sitting on top of the touch wiz which is sitting on top of the android ui? Is there a way to get the pure android ui?

7. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

Not really, touchwiz is still there in the background. But Launcherpro definately speeds things up for most. I'm sure sooner or later someone will come out with a true android only ROM for us but till then Launcher does the trick.