Last Updated:

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So there have been like 4 I think.. All today

Mydroidworld on from p3Droid

Blackdroid's Ultimate 6.1

Petes 2.1 V0.5

and maybe another

SO which one is better or running smoother.. I have not OC'ed my droid yet so what happens if I install one and it is just boot loops, how will I fix that?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

BD's U6.1 is smooth, but a major issue with protected apps not showing in Market right now.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I am running Pete's. Right now but I am really hoping Chevy comes out with one soon cause I loved his ere25 SS

4. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

What about koush's
    Everyone forgets him :(

5. -=Jeff=-

not forgetting, just cannot remember them all ;)

6. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

I'm running this with Chevy's 1.2 and it's smooth.... not running that hot.... maybe luke warm... no more or less than others. lol :rolleyes:

Hopefully he releases an update patch for the market ... today :cool:

Big bonus with this rom is JIT is on already.... which is no big deal... just one less step / headache to deal with. Would like to have stable nandroid roms to push from everyone.... to many update.zip's make patching a real PITA.. lol

Might try Pete's in a few days when all the dust settles from all these 53's hitting.

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I am using the original nandroid backup p3droid made, but I flashed chevyno1's 1100mhz kernel instead since it supports wifi tether. I flashed the Dark Droid gold MM theme to it. It runs very smooth and hasn't given me any hiccups yet. Also my battery life and temp has been great with it.

8. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

SS ese53 is now out.

I'm always torn between SS and Petes. Don't care for the SS blue theme, but not sure if it gives better performance or battery life over other ROMS or not.

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I didn't notice much difference between the ERE25 ROMs, so I'm not going to try multiple ESE53 ROM's. I decided on Pete's. I'm pretty sure the kernel is making most of the difference anyways, and I'd be using Chevy's regardless.

10. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I'm using Pete's v.06, he added 5screens. You have to nandroid v.05 then update. Using chevys 1.1 no problems.
    Haven't tried blackdroids but I heard its a little baggy on homescreens and there's market problems, but he updated today so that might have been fixed.

I love bugless beast only one I never have problems with.

11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

yup, both issues fixed on UD6.3

12. -=Jeff=-

Yeah I tried Bugless 1.2 originally then did Bugless ERE 25 0.4 Thinking of swapping to an ESE53, but I have not OC'ed ( well I was at 600MHz with 1.2). so if I do any I don't see the need to OC but would like the tether option, which I know is avail, my only concern would be running a ROM that is already OC'ed what if I cannot boot into it?

Ultimate 6.3 looks cool, I do like the smoked theme I had and I am not big on all the blue (Personal Preference) so I am looking at Pete's 0.6 or Ultimate 6.3 just not real sure.. looking for more feedback

13. T.C

T.C Member

I am running Smoked Glass v5.0.1 and really like it, I especially like having the option to put what I want on the phone, i.e White theme instead of blue. I am considering using BD's Ultimate v6.3, I am curious if anyone else has run this ROM yet? Any feedback?

14. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Well-Known Member

I have been running BD's 6.3 for a couple days now and I am quite impressed. I personally havent had problems with laggy homescreens or any other problems for that matter. Also I am running ChevyNo1's 1.25 (10 step) + wifi module kernel and that seems to be working nicely with BD's 6.3. I have also used BB 0.6 which also is a very nice rom. If I were you I would look at each update log and see whats included and what your priorties are. My other phone is a samsung epix and I sure wish I had a bunch of roms to choose from for that (although I did just get a WM 6.5 rom). There is no harm to giving each a try and see what works. I'm not sure what the varience is between phones but certain rom/kernel combinations just dont seem to agree with certain phones. I think trial and error is your best bet as we have all learned. If the rom you choose includes an overclocking kernel you can always use setcpu (assuming you have it) to set it and forget it. GL

15. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

BB 2.1 0.6 running very nicely today.
    Had metamorph issues, as in it didn't work on this, but it did on the non ERE25. I am tired of wiping, so this one is good for now.
    On the 1.2 chevy kernel.
    Low 150s average with no JIT enabled and 10.1mflop consistently with about 148mb free space and live wallpaper running.

Also, the Droid live wallpaper that Pete just included in the latest is AWESOME. I love it, AND interactive.