So who's going naked with their Nexus 4?General

Last Updated:

1. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

No case here, it just feels so nice!

2. kismetgeek

kismetgeek Well-Known Member

i've never used a case for any of my phones. i've yet to drop one, and even if i did, i don't believe a case would fully protect my screen from a standing height drop onto cement.

cases offer the illusion of safety.
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

The one x and GS3 felt fine with the Diztronic cases on them, especially the GS3...

The N4 case just feels really thick to me.

As for the iPhone 5, I rock it with matte smoke Tech Armor TPU case...luv it!

Think I'm going naked this time around!!!
  4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

All decides on preference, to me just feels a bit too thick with a case...

RaLeX likes this.
  5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I think the GS3 and HTC One X feel just as big with a case, I compared the nexus 4 to the One X and they have to be close to identical in size.

But, all of this is just perception, so it really doesn't make a difference what we think, it's up to the person holding the phone.
  6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

For some reason the Nexus 4 case made by Diztronic is just thicker then the GS3 case made by them.
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I wonder if replacement parts will become available ... it looks pretty easy to replace the back cover (just two torx screws) in case the glass breaks. Just thinking out loud.
  8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing that break down over the internet a few weeks ago, was part of that whole finding out that an LTE chip was on board.

I gotta dig it up and see what they said about taking the glass off...
  9. lunatic59

I'm just interested in the back glass, because that's the part that probably will be the weak spot. It's thinner than the digitizer and I'm more likely to drop it facing that way.

Google Nexus 4 - Disassembly Gallery
  10. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Since the back comes off from the screws at the bottom does anyone think we'll see extended batteries with a custom back? I'd be willing to add some extra width for few more hours of use.
  11. lunatic59

What kind of battery times are you seeing now? Mine easily lasts the day.
  12. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Mine sucks...Gonna give it a week to see how it adapts to my usage...

As of now not so good...
  13. lunatic59

I leave mine on my desk during the day and while I'm not watching feature films, i am getting texts, emails and phone calls. At 9:00 a.m. it's between 80%~90%. At 6 it's around 60%.
  14. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Left my house at about 4pm with the battery at 100% to head to my office to take care of some stuff. Usage was about 4 phone calls no longer then 10 min each, about 20 or so text messages, 2 YouTube vids that were no longer then 6-7 min a piece, and some lite web browsing. Its now 11pm and I'm down to 54%.

My GS3 will usually be at about 70% by now with much more usage.
  15. lunatic59

It is fairly new. Give it a bit. It might not be reporting power accurately yet.
  16. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yea gonna give it a week or so...
  17. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

This phone is no RAZR Maxx so don't expect stellar battery life.

As for the case I have a diztronic and love it.;)
  18. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

That's pretty good, to me who only has an LG Optimus M+. After 7 hours of use, my phone will be dead. Who am I kidding, after about 4 hours of use my phone would be dead. :D:(

I'm torn right now, between sticking it out with MetroPCS and getting the S3, or leaving them and getting the N4.
  19. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I luv the GS3, pretty much the best all around Android device ever made. And battery life is pretty good!

However that phone will probably never get past Jellybean and with the GS4 probably coming in Spring, I'd go with something a little more future proof like the N4 so late in 2012.
    alfick3 likes this.
  20. MyTjSux

MyTjSux Well-Known Member

cough cough :D
  21. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

I went and bought a sleeve, so that when I am using the phone it's naked, and when I want to store it, it's protected. Seems like the best of both worlds for me.
  22. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

Same here but I've got a screen protector on plus a sleeve.:D
  23. Banished Angel

I've had the bumper on since I bought it and just got used to it. Today I took the bumper off because I couldn't get an auxiliary cord to fit and damn I forgot how nice this phone feels! I didn't think anything about having the bumper on until I felt it without one. The bumper adds maybe 1/4 inch total width to the phone, but it's extremely noticeable. I understand what you were saying now Sean.
  24. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Exactly my feelings...
    After using the iPhone 5 since launch with a tech armor case (such a thin case) I've just become so accustomed to using something really thin. So when I first put the bumper on with my 1st nexus, I was like no way. And then now with the Diztronic case with the 2nd phone, I was just like screw it....Going Naked!

Feels so much better in the hand. Granted, it's a risk...but so is getting on an
  25. Banished Angel

Actually you're more likely to get into an accident in a car than an airplane :rolleyes:

I'm thinking naked when i'm inside and protection when i'm out and about. The way it should be :D