So why the gingerbread famine?

Last Updated:

1. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Didn't google do a teaser with little android cookies made from gingerbread and even have a giant "larger than life" gingerbread cookie shipped to HQ (or someplace like it)? What gives? Are they waiting until closer to XMAS so Santa's favorite cookies don't go stale before he makes the trip around the globe?

FWIW there was that bit of teaser news about a week ago and my searches come up with absolutely nothing since then. It's like we had that bit of "news" and have all but forgotten about it since!

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

It's called building hype.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

For all we know Google could have already released the Gingerbread code to handset/tablet manufacturers... but it'll take the manufacturers weeks/months to develop and test the abstraction layer software that has to sit between the OS and the phone. Once that's done they submit to the carriers for testing. The carriers than request changes/additions/deletions. etcetera etcetera etcetera

4. atkjhi

atkjhi Active Member

I just hope that when ever they do announce gingerbread ready for consumption that the Nexus S is available immediately and we don't have to wait another 6-8 week after that.

5. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems they did a bad job seeing as how I don't really see much talk about it anymore...

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Agree. Very disappointed Gingerbread is not out yet.