So with the new radios, which one?

Last Updated: 2010-09-06 21:49:14
  1. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Everyone has different results with the radios and I'm just curious what set up you guys have going on. I'll start.

I'm running the OTA 2.2, S-OFF, and
    Radio - 1.00.03.04.06

I just loaded it up after trying out the new 2.15x radio for a few minutes. I never had issues with this kernel, and could care less personally about camcorder, as the camera works just fine.

It's only been a few hours but the 3g works great along with everything else. I will update in a few days.

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

2.15 is the "stock" radio that is being shipped out with the OTA. No reason to run any other.
  3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

I dunno about that...everyone likes choice.
    iowabowtech likes this.
  4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I agree, choice is always good :),
  5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I'd like to know the differences between all the radios we have. esp. the 2.15x and the new 2.15x radio.
  6. adrynalyne

Changelogs generally don't come with sh*t we aren't supposed to have in the first place ;)
    Contempt likes this.
  7. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

adrynalyne, could you do me the honor of telling me what radio you are currently using?
  8. adrynalyne

9. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

10. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Here are my thoughts so far

1.xx (Stock with the phone): Garbled phone quality on both 2.1, 2.2
    2.05 (Leaked update that never actually came out): Improved call quality
    2.15 (Official OTA): On par with 2.05, but I'm going to use it because it's what is "official"
  11. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

hey guys, ive been helping my friend with his Incredible (i have a droid 1), who was having issues with his gps etc. i updated his baseband to 2.15 by returning to stock then upgrading.

after regaining root i would LIKE to restore a nandroid backup i made while still on the old baseband. will the nandroid restore overwrite the baseband?
  12. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

nandroid does no change radio
  13. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

First time I've seen the 2.05 ala-carte. Thanks for putting that thread together. Saved to favorites.
  14. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

Ditto. 2.x radios alone are much better than 1.x - and why not run the latest stable radio that Verizon decided was good enough for their network?
  15. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I'be been on the new 2.15 radio and the maket doesnt hang when downlloading anymore
  16. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

my 2.15 radio sucks ass.
  17. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

My 2.15 radio kicks ass.