So...

Last Updated:

1. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just want you all to know... I got the phone and LOVE IT!

I know you were all concerned over my lack of an Aria...

Advertisement
    anoid likes this.
  2. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

I'm so torn, I want to stay with AT&T but at the same time lack of droid sets and Droid X just tempting me to join Verizon.

Did you root yours yet? :D

3. CartOverlord

CartOverlord Active Member

i also got the aria. I dont really know the difference because this is my first smart phone and first android phone, but to me it seems like its top notch.

4. Ambictus

No, haven't rooted yet as I don't really see a reason to yet. I'm not concerned with side-loading apps and the AT&T Bloatware is easy to avoid by simply not clicking on it.

I read they're going to try porting the Legend Froyo ROM to the Aria when it comes out. If there's no 2.2 in sight for the Aria when they get the ROM produced I'll likely root it and install the custom ROM.

The phone is great though. Extremely responsive screen with vibrant colors. The keyboard is actually very easy to use even in portrait(which is actually how I use it) and the predictive text/error correction is fantastic. The phone runs exceptionally smooth, transitions have almost no lag. Web pages load very quickly and apps run very well.

The only real drawback to the phone IMO is Google Earth not being compatible. However with more phones coming out with the MSM7x27 processor I would hope Google would update Earth to be compatible. I just don't think they expected any processors based on ARMv6 to be as powerful as the new Qualcomms are.

5. Ambictus

Oh, and if you have the opportunity to go to Verizon and get the Droid X then by all means do! It looks to be a fantastic phone. However for me I like the smaller screen of the Aria. I will say that the Droid X doesn't look quite as imposing as the EVO size wise.

6. SysAdmNj

I mean, if I was to stay with att and get the aria I would have to pay full retail for it. If I leave to verizon and pay the att etf plus the droid x price for new activation it works out to be around the same amount. Decisions, decisions lol... Plans are about the same price for me with fan discount.

With that said, the aria still looks like a nice small android device. Its kinda growing on me.

7. Ambictus

The Droid X is a sweet phone by all accounts. Honestly if I wasn't tied to AT&T I definitely would have pondered on jumping ship to the Verizon. But I certainly have no regrets about getting the Aria.

Have you played with one yet?

8. SysAdmNj

Not yet, but I plan on visiting my att store this week to play with one.

9. Ambictus

I think you'll enjoy it. The crappy thing about playing with them in the store is that you don't get to setup all your stuff to see how it all runs and syncs(if you've never had android before).

I just went and showed my boss my Aria(he just got an iPhone 4) and he was very impressed with it. He was loving how quick it was and how fast it loaded web pages.

10. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

lol congrats! had a feeling you would get one :p and yea im still loving mine... I have been particularly impressed with how quickly the guys at XDA have picked up this phone. Already root and a couple roms and its hardly been out a week. thats a good sign for future comunity support :cool:

11. Ambictus

I agree about the community support. I think it's because of how shockingly good the phone is despite it's "mediocre"(underrated if you ask me, but I think I've beat the horse to death and then some) specs. Not sure I can say enough about how incredibly slick the phone is! My Aria whoops my father-in-law's Pre Plus on Verizon in terms of speed. In the OS and loading web pages!

12. SysAdmNj

You guys sure know how to tempt someone lol. I'm still considering the Aria.

And what if the Droid X comes with a signed boot loader, will that delay a root?

13. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

It's really interesting seeing this phone grow in popularity here. I honestly thought it was going to be washed up by the noise of what Verizon offers. I didn't think too many people would end up getting this phone. I got it because I'm stuck with ATT and nothing about the iphone besides it's camera excites me. After using the phone for a couple of days I absolutely love it =)

14. Ambictus

Honestly I have nothing bad to say about the phone at all. This is only my first full day of use but it functions exceptionally well. Oh happy day to those of us that aren't spec blind :D

15. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

Yea this phone kicks butt...Im so happy I got under the wire with returning that dinosaur..The Moto Backflip...EXTREMLEY disapointed with EVERYTHING about that device, the hardware and obviously the software, and their support....which included the bumbling 1000-person motoblur update which hung up...lol they couldnt even update to 1000 people w/out problems...

This device is like night and day compared to it...hell, I think this device is ATT's best device. The iphone is quite obviously over rated..took apple over 2 years before they could even do MMS...lol..

16. backflipper

backflipper Member

Hell yeah I just switched from iPhone 3g to backflip to aria I just got it yesterday and extremely happy with it Haha no more lag or worrying about stupid battery timing and task killing tha shit out of it for better battery

17. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Surely you are not mocking me Sir! *Pulls glove off and slap its across the Aria*

Mine will run gingerbread! maybe...if I can root it...cause I dont want to wait 2 years....

[​IMG]

18. Ambictus

I would never...

Ok, had I known that was coming out I would have held off on the Aria. That thing is insane!

19. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

oh god... i died and went to nerd heaven :p

20. lordmaxx

Looking at the top of that picture reminds of a time i was putting a PC together, and for some reason I got this huge as heck Zalman fan to go on it...np right? Well as I was trying to clip the stupid thing down (god I hated it back when we had to kill ourselves to secure CPU fans) I accidentally popped off one of those resistors that was waaaaay to close to the cpu....man i was pissed had to get another Mobo....I felt like that guy who just ended up dropping his aria....

21. Ambictus

LOL... Ahh the good 'ol days. Quite a while back I had a decent machine and decided I was going to swap out my CD Burner for a smaller faster CD Burner. I pulled out the old drive and noticed that one of the capacitors had been bent over because the drive was so long and the case was small so the drive extended into the motherboard. Like an idiot I decided to straighten the capacitor back out... SNAP. I needed to get a new MB after that.

Also I'm an expert at cutting myself on cases. Even the new ones that mainly have rolled metal edges, I find somewhere to cut myself. Speaking of that... I was putting a giant Xigmatek cooler on my intel CPU with the push in clips, well it took a ton of pressure to get the last one to snap in and in the process my thumb slipped off and went right into the fins of the Xigmatek. I was cut in 4 different places.

[​IMG]

22. lordmaxx

I'd say on 90% of the computers I have put together, I have not failed to slice my finger when trying to get a stinking slot cover off the back of the PCI slots area...no matter how careful I am...

23. anoid

anoid Well-Known Member

You guys are going to make me breakdown and get one. :D

Ambictus likes this.
  24. SysAdmNj

Been there done that :D

25. Ambictus

Do it!! I love this thing!!