Social Media

Last Updated:

1. Mortosa

Mortosa Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I have been reading some posts so I am better informed when my D2 gets here in a few days. I have noticed some posts about facebook causing problems. Since I do use facebook and twitter alot can you all explain to me;

1. What exactly is going on when facebook messing up contact lists?

2. I have heard it mentioned a few times that the widgets for facebook and twitter are bad on the battery?

Can someone elaborate on this since I am new to these android phones and also anything else I might want to look out for. If so I would be appreciative. Thanks to a situation in my life this phone has to last me at LEAST two years lol.

Advertisement
  2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

1. The problem people are having with contacts is most likely b/c of the sync options for Facebook. You can sync none, sync existing contacts (the ones in your phone), or all Facebook contacts. I prefer the sync existing contacts option.

2. Widgets such as these will check for updates frequently, so the more frequent the update the more you'll see your battery drain. If you want to use the widgets, just adjust the update frequency to your liking.