• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

social networking/messaging bug?

Joehunni

Android Expert
May 27, 2010
Texas
Hey all, I have a problem that I would like some insight from others about. I did at one point have my Facebook account linked to my phone but do not any longer. As most of you know, there is an option in both handcent, and I believe also the stock messaging app, to show your social networking friends as contacts. My issue is this, I have certain contacts in my phone who I've manually added in to the people app that will only show up as contacts in messenging apps if I have this social networking contact option checked. Not only is that weird enough but I still have some Facebook friends show up as contacts if this option is checked despite the fact that my Facebook account isn't linked to mg phone at all. I know this isn't some huge problem but I'm kinda ocd and this is bugging the shit outta me, any input would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones