• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Social Networks

What is the best social networking site?

• Facebook

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Google Plus

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Twitter

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got all three of them, but I'd say it's a toss up.

I had the most fun on lamespace back in the day (don't remember my account or anything like that now though... :/ )
I have the most people on faceboot
I only use twitter for following security news
but I do prefer G+ so far. Though, I have only two people on it... so it's boring.

Upvote 0
I originally joined FB because I was living 3 hours away from where I grew up and it allowed me to stay involved (I despise talking on the phone) with all my friends back home.

I recently joined Twitter but grew board of it very quickly and Google + is promising but like B2L says, not a lot of friends on it yet.

Now that FB has gotten completely out of control with cramming everyone's "friends of friends" crap down my throat, I am seriously considering just shutting it down.

I vote "other"! ;)

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
One thing about tweeting that whether people "follow" you or not, they see the messages and can react via any method you allow, such as email, etc.

Facebook is good for us as set to "family only," so it's another way for us (scattered all over the world) to communicate a bit of news without tons of people joining in.

They're both cool in their own right. I can understand their popularity.

Upvote 0
i personally hate what FB has become. i joined in '03 when a university e-mail was a requirement and there was not a news feed, ad, or game in sight. i don't want people to take this the wrong way, but opening it to everyone seriously dumbed the whole place down. combine that with the constant "updates" that seem to make the site more annoying every time i log on, and i really wish i could leave. the only reason i still use it is because very few of my friends have moved to another service.

twitter is my social network of choice at the moment. i love the light hearted atmosphere, and the fact that it is not nearly as commercialized as any other social networking site. i don't have many followers over there, but it is definitely the most fun, IMO.

G+ seems like it could be nice, but i personally only know 5-10 other people that are on it, in comparison to the 500+ i have on FB. i feel like posting anything over there is just going through the motions since no one i know is going to see it anyway.

Upvote 0
i personally hate what FB has become. i joined in '03 when a university e-mail was a requirement and there was not a news feed, ad, or game in sight. i don't want people to take this the wrong way, but opening it to everyone seriously dumbed the whole place down. combine that with the constant "updates" that seem to make the site more annoying every time i log on, and i really wish i could leave. the only reason i still use it is because very few of my friends have moved to another service.

twitter is my social network of choice at the moment. i love the light hearted atmosphere, and the fact that it is not nearly as commercialized as any other social networking site. i don't have many followers over there, but it is definitely the most fun, IMO.

G+ seems like it could be nice, but i personally only know 5-10 other people that are on it, in comparison to the 500+ i have on FB. i feel like posting anything over there is just going through the motions since no one i know is going to see it anyway.

Yeah, but the best part is it spawned Lamebook! I could spend hours on that site LOL :D

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones