Social settings....

Last Updated:

1. markasherman

markasherman Member This Topic's Starter

While I understand the purpose of the CLIQ is its social networking aspects, I am thinking of buying this phone for my wife who does not use Facebook, etc. The reason for this phone is the keyboard, she is not fan of touch screen and I think the G1 is just too bulky.

This brings me to my question: Is there a way I can kill all the networking settings and extra on screen buttons so it will be closer to the MyTouch that I have?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. JMONEY1026

JMONEY1026 Member

I am a Newbie but i beleive that if you do not set up your motorola blur account you wont get all the social feeds into the phone. Hope that helps. I love the phone and am getting one for my wife too. She doesnt have a Facebook or Myspace or Twitter Ect. She says that she may finally make one if its easy to use on the phone.

3. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

When you first turn on the CLIQ just opt out in putting in your facebook, myspace, and/or twitter account. You do however have to make a motoblur account though I believe.

4. bikedogrun

bikedogrun Well-Known Member

It's also easy enough to drag all of the MotoBlur social networking widgets off the home screen(s) that you won't be using to further customize the Cliq's Look&Feel.

I really like the Cliq keyboard, haven't seen a better one (yet) on an Android phone. It is way, WAY better than the Droid, G1 or Moment keyboards.

/BD