• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Soft brick no root

Soft bricked my phone. it will boot up and get halfway through the VM splash screen than freezes. i can get to the recovery screen and the FTM screen. my computer recognizes it under devices but not in my computer.I tried a factory reset which I think made things harder on myself because I no longe have root or SU privlages and it didn't fix the problem. Any help would be great.

OK - you may be able to install this CWM -

http://androidforums.com/threads/cwm-beta-working.809158/

Be sure to read the last few pages for tips on adb in FTM mode. Ask in that thread for help, your best help is someone who's been there.

After that, you ought to be able to flash a ROM and get going again.

I'm going to move this into the same root forum as the CWM thread so it'll be easier for you to navigate.

Good luck and remember - don't panic and ask questions until you get the right answer, we're all in this together. ;)

Upvote 0
Tried that with no success . Im pretty sure I have tried everything I have found posted on the net. lol. Maybe not everything. Heres a couple of pics of what I get in FTM and When I try to side load

command 5.5.JPG

sideload 5.5.JPG

Upvote 0
Still having a epic battle with this phone. I think the closest I've gotten was trying this "http://androidforums.com/threads/working-soft-brick-fix-for-zte-force.747409/"I replaced the force recovery file with the N9810 recovery file. I get to step 8 and I cant get my computer to recognize my phone"I keep getting code 10 device can not start" So I guess Im Not installing the right driver and can not find the bootloader/fastboot drivers that will work with this phone. What I do know.The phone is recognized in adb sideload mode. I get a ? mark in FTM mode. With android commander I can see all my android program files but cant replace anything because I have no root access .
Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones