Soft Bricked (Somewhat Unique) DESPERATE

1. joshpfosi

joshpfosi New Member

Hey guys I am using the Verizon Samsung GNex, and the Galaxy toolkit from xda. I was trying to flash Android 4.2 G Apps and I downloaded a zip file and installed it with Rom Manager. Since then whenever I started it up it all my Google apps would force close. I installed JB 4.1.1 and flashed it with the toolkit, which failed inside of the toolkit. So I entered fastboot and recovery mode and factory reset. All that did was when I start it up the Set up Wizard force closes.

Summary: I can power it on and boot into Android but due to constant force closing cannot interact with it. I can boot into fastboot.

Please help me!

Advertisement
    :
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

How about just flashing a 4.1 version of gapps using the toolkit? I'm not real familiar with any of those toolkits so I'm not sure what limitations you're facing right now. Worst case you can always flash a stockish ROM or you can use fast boot mode to fastboot flash the stock factory images and return to stock that way. You have options.
  3. rainynight250

rainynight250 Active Member

Use Recovery X http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773227
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Hi Josh,

I've moved your thread to the Verizon G-Nex All Things Root forums where someone can better assist you. I'm sending you a PM also to let you know about the move, so if you have any issues don't hesitate to reply to it and let me know. :)
  5. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

Had the same thing happen to me when trying to flash jelly belly 10.0, but my sd card was also bonked. Everything was moved to a "0" folder, but was unable to be read on my computer, and wasn't able to be read by recovery (cwm). Flashed stock images from google, flashed again and all was good. I didn't flash the gapps that were linked with the rom the first time, don't know if that was it or not.