• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Soft Bricked when trying to Repartition Internal memory

nyttliv7

Nov 12, 2012
Please help if possible?!
I did run the option 2 on my ms323 through TWRP but I was thinking backwards when mounting/unmounting data, cache and system... Yessss, I know, stupid... Now my phone doesn't have data or cache and it's unauthorized so I cant give you any logs, but what I could see was something about "wrong size" or something and then it continued to next step and adapted in some way so the result (I guess) was new size on system but data and cache gone??? I tried everything except installing Linux/Ubuntu on my laptop. I'm ready to buy a new phone, but wanted to see here if you guys think it's possible to create those partitions even if they're "gone" right now???

Please help if possible?!
I did run the option 2 on my ms323 through TWRP but I was thinking backwards when mounting/unmounting data, cache and system... Yessss, I know, stupid... Now my phone doesn't have data or cache and it's unauthorized so I cant give you any logs, but what I could see was something about "wrong size" or something and then it continued to next step and adapted in some way so the result (I guess) was new size on system but data and cache gone??? I tried everything except installing Linux/Ubuntu on my laptop. I'm ready to buy a new phone, but wanted to see here if you guys think it's possible to create those partitions even if they're "gone" right now???
Just reflash stock KDZ with EMERGENCY_CS option to get back on your feet.

Upvote 0
did it work????

Flashing the laf to recovery partition worked... But when I reboot to recovery the following popped up above the lg logo:

[630] fastboot_init()
[630] Error: allocating memory for ssd buffer
[660] USB init ept @ 0x7ab1000
[680] udc_start()
[780] -- reset --
[780] -- portchange --
[64850] -- reset --
[64860] -- portchange --
[64930] -- reset --
[64930] -- portchange --
[65010] fastboot: proccessing commands

Maybe I need to change driver? I have the Google ADB driver at the moment (I think)???

Upvote 0
Have to admit I have been in this situation before, and it never worked??? Holding volume down doesn't work, only volume up which takes me to fastboot?? Maybe the Laf Recoverry Tool doesn't really do the job? Can I push the laf image in fastboot? In this case, can you help me with command, please :)

Upvote 0
Thanks, did that, but:

creating boot image...
creating boot image - 23070720 bytes
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.923s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 1.173s

I was wondering about the command to restore the laf via fastboot, in case I didn't succeed earlier:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones