Soft key problems?Support

Last Updated:

1. hth715

hth715 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My soft keys wont light up unless I cover up the light sensor but i have max brightness on. Am I missing something or is this just normal? Are they normally light up when unlocked or pushed?

Sent from my Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. wannainc

wannainc Well-Known Member

Mine is doing the exact same thing! Even when its been sleeping and i push the ON button I would expect the 4 soft keys on the bottom to light up but they dont. If you figure out how to fix it please let me know!! I thought it was broken but I tried covering the screen with my hand so it was dark and they did come on. I still want it changed though!:)

3. hth715

hth715 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Definitely. I mean I don't think the keys are broken since they obviously work but I know the Droid's keys are on when the phone isn't locked. Hopefully someone can help us out or if this normal, tell us.

4. thess1

thess1 Active Member

Yeah mine are doing the same thing... I thought maybe it was a setting but i cant find anything.

5. the_hamburglar

the_hamburglar New Member

Mine work when I turn off my lights in my room, which means they are obviously controlled by a sensor. I have sifted the internet and have concluded that there is no control to make these "keys" illuminate whenever you like.

6. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's intentional. The light isn't really needed during the daytime or when there's good lighting since you can see the keys perfectly.

7. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I bet this is one of the future things that will be fixed the sensor is not accurate and the soft keys are hard to read....although I know where they are and it saves battery power I'm sure.

8. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

My lights turn on when I unlock the device.

If I hold it under my halogen desk lamp, it turns off. When I turn the lamp off, the lights come back on.

The sensor is just reading it, if you are in a well lit room, it could be issue. I suggest trying it in a dimmer environment if not dark completely.

9. Elwood Hunt

Elwood Hunt New Member

Received my Incredible today and I immediately noticed the soft key lights weren't lighting up when I expected them to. I still have my Eris, so I did some tests.

1. In dim light, backlight is on for both Eris and Incred.
    2. In bright light, backlight is off for both Eris and Incred.
    3. In bright light with the backlight off, the Eris keys are much easier to read than the Incred.

Therefore the lack of backlight is more noticable on the Incred. than the Eris.

10. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

I just put a small square of black tape over the light sensor in the upper left corner and the soft key lights stay on when the screens on and they turn off when I turn the screen off