Soft-keypad runs MMI sequence during call?

Last Updated:

1. doojer

doojer Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys-- I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions here...

When I am in a call on my Sprint HTC Hero, if I bring up the touch-keypad, hit the number 1 and then slide the keypad away, I get a message "Starting MMI sequence" and the call disconnects. The reason I discovered this is because I use Google Voice and I need to press 1 to accept a call or 2 to send it to voicemail. But, when I press 1 and slide away the keypad, it disconnects. This does not happen when I press the actual keypad soft-button to get the keypad to disappear, it only happens when I swipe it down and away. It runs other MMI Sequences, depending on which key I press... (2 and 4 give me a dial tone to make another call, 3 gives me a popup that says "unable to conference calls", etc...) so is this a function of the phone (like a shortcut or something), or is it something that shouldn't be happening? Like I said, I don't think I've noticed it before the last day or so and I can't find anything about it in the manual or on any of the forums.

Should pressing a button on the soft-keypad and swiping the keyboard away while in a call always run an "MMI Sequence"?

Thanks very much for any help or thoughts!

Advertisement
  2. doojer

One more thing! Even if you don't have an answer to my question, if any Sprint HTC Hero owner could just take a couple seconds to make a call, bring up the touchpad, hit the number '1' and swipe the keypad down and away, I'd really love to know if this disconnects your call or runs an MMI sequence.

At least, if I know everyone's does it I won't keep worrying about it! Thank you!!

3. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

Just tried this with 2 different numbers. No problems here.

4. doojer

Thank you very much for checking this out! I am pretty sure it is not normal, as it didn't seem to start happening until just recently. I did just install a Google Voice update... and I thought maybe that did it. But, I uninstalled Google Voice and rebooted the phone and it still does it. Is it possible that the Google Voice app changed the system somehow in a way that does not revert on uninstall? Or could there be another answer to this?

It's very frustrating! :confused:

5. doojer

Have I stumped you guys?

6. MrFoamFingerMkr

MrFoamFingerMkr New Member

It started shortly after getting my Hero. Not every # but certain phone #s will start the MMI sequence thing. When i call my dentist to cancel an appointment and when i call this other fella who owes me a bunch of money, the calls drop and i get the MMI sequence msg.
    Coincedence ? :confused:
    This is before i installed the Google Voice app. I dont see a correlation there.
    Either way.. it is frustrating.

7. doojer

Well, I'm glad I'm not going completely insane. I can now confirm that this bug remains even when resetting the phone back to stock condition. :confused::confused: