Soft Keys/Button IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. fromtheaudible

fromtheaudible Active Member This Topic's Starter

First off, I love the Captivate. I just recently swapped it out with the HTC Aria, and haven't looked back since. However, I do miss certain aspects of HTC's Sense UI...

Anyways, my main concern with this phone is the 4 Soft Keys below the Samsung logo. I will address my issues/concerns/questions in the following list:

--How bright are your soft keys when backlit? (In comparison to other Captivates or other Android devices)

--Mine seem to have a slight yellow/brownish tint to them. Anybody have pure white, or anything different?

--The Home button: is your roof slightly different sizes when comparing the left to right. (Yes, I am aware this is nit-picky. not worried or bothered, just curious)

--Finally, my responsiveness on any of the 4 buttons is spotty at times. Especially once pressed when they are no longer lit. Have many others experienced this, and if so, which button(s) in particular give you trouble?

So that's really it! Just curious to know if anyone else has anything to add to this. Feel free to post pictures as well!
    Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Yes, they are known to not be very bright and sort of off-color. This is a common complaint.

The lag issue is also common and can vary moment to moment, depending on what the phone is doing. Supposedly the lag issues will be improved upon with the same fix as the GPS fix coming from Samsung, and further improved with Android 2.2 "Froyo".

fromtheaudible likes this.
  3. fromtheaudible

fromtheaudible Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've read others saying that they have similar issues, just wanted to hear from possibly more. Thank you very much!

Also, while you've mentioned 2.2, heard any word on the US release date?
    I know UK Galaxy S users will be getting theirs this month, so I'm guessing it'll take another month or so for them to port it over to US carriers?
    Very much looking forward to a great phone getting even better.

4. yynotme

yynotme New Member

To: fromtheaudible...I was looking for the same answer after seeing a phone at Verizon yesterday, and the home keys are white, white, white! WTHeck!!!! Super annoying and looks so cheap! Thanks for posting this so I could get the answers too!

5. matt310

matt310 Active Member

I wasn't a fan of the off-white buttons on the Captivate at first, but then over the weekend I helped set up a friend's Fascinate and I must admit, as clean as the white looks, they're way too bright for non-daylight situations. Going back and forth from using them to the ones on my Captivate, I appreciated the more muted tones during indoor lighting, where I'm usually using my phone the most.

6. KirkaFordis Rex

KirkaFordis Rex Member

Mine can be unresponsive at times, but I've noticed if they are not backlit, if I tap the screen, they light up. Once they are lit, they are much more responsive.