Soft Keys Going BerserkSupport

Last Updated:

1. thecja

thecja New Member

Just got a brand new HTC Incredible and the soft keys are constantly going berserk as if they are being sporadically pushed and I can't do anything because it just keeps jumping from screen to screen. I can't find anything about anyone having this problem online. I have removed and replaced the battery, no change. I have reset the factory settings, no change. Is there way to fix this?

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

you mean you got a brand new "refurbished" htc incredible? the htc incredible hasn't been manufactured in about 3 years, if not longer...

first thing i would do, is clean the optical trackpad, a damp cloth and compressed air should do the trick :)
  3. thecja

thecja New Member

It actually is completely unused. True that it wasn't manufactured recently, but fresh out of the box. I've tried cleaning it to no prevail, but I don't have canned air at the moment. Will try when I can. Any other thoughts? Thanks!
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

usually a dirty trackpad was the culprit for screen jumping... might want to try a touchscreen tester from the play store to see if it is registering phantom touches.

other than that, it would have to be some type of hardware issue, most pieces of the incredible can be replaced fairly easily.
  5. thecja

thecja New Member

I kept periodically trying to clean the trackpad, and finally it has improved. Occasionally it will jump, but not nearly as bad as it was. Thanks.