Soft resets by itself?Support

Last Updated:

1. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Howdy.....as I'm cruising around the forum, my phone...sitting on the charger, decides to soft reset itself.

It has actually done this at least one other time before. My question is, does this happen by design? If I recall correctly, the last time it happened it was going on about 40 hours uptime, same as now. Does the phone soft reset itself after a certain period to clear out the cache, or is the a bug?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i doubt thats by design. could have been a program flaking out causing the reset. do you have many market apps installed? any of those un official ones?

3. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

none of the "unofficial" but obviously some third party apps.

Yeah, i figured it could be that too. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it.

4. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me three times. Except mine would do a factory reset all by itself upon reboot. The third second time, all i did was configure GMail and installed nothing additional. It still happened again even with no apps installed. I took it back to the store and they hesitantly exchanged it for me. They said that since for the 10 minutes that they had it they could not reproduce the issue, if they exchanged it for me, it would be my last exchange unless they could actual see the issue I was having. The thing that they did not seem to understand was that It has happened 3 times in 2 weeks, what were the odds that it was oing to happen right then in the store....slim to none. Anyway, I would do a factory reset and then install apps 1 by one and see if any of them reproduce the issue. if you cant come to a decisive casue, take it back for an exchange.

5. jpgFIA

jpgFIA New Member

I thought the same thing happened to me, but it was in my pocket. All of the sudden I hear the boot sounds and think WTF. Later I realized I had just picked up my girlfriend (like lifted her off the ground) and I think in the process, pressure was applied to my phone in my pocket. This is significant because if you press HOME, MENU and POWER when the phone is on, it will reboot immediately.

6. stricklerjosh

stricklerjosh Well-Known Member

Mine actually did the same thing this morning right before I took it off the charger. I think it has done it twice now and yes it seems to be after it has been on for around 40+ hours. Should I take mine back or is this just a setting that needs to be adjusted?
    Thanks!

7. ziggy682

ziggy682 Member

Mine did it yesterday as well. I was hoping it was an update that was pushed from Sprint or something. The phone does have a newer prl on it now, but not sure if it's related.

8. ItsDon

ItsDon Well-Known Member

Yup, me too. Was working on the computer with my phone sitting next to me when it just rebooted itself. Done it twice now. On a hunch I pulled out my SD card, reformatted it and reinstalled it. Since then I've had no issues. Not saying it won't happen again but I've got my fingers crossed.

9. droidjunkie

droidjunkie Member

My Droid periodically decides to reset some of my parameters, like the display time. Highly irritating! Don't know if this is the result of a reset or something else. Also, it drops out my LAN connection at home even though it says it is connected, and I have to go in and shut wireless down and manually reconnect. This could be my router ... but whatever ... very irritating.