Soft Touch Button Wont IlluminateSupport

1. Inspireblue

Inspireblue Member

I'm new to this form and honestly don't know if this is the correct form or not, if this topic has to be moved i'll understand.

This started happening today, out of no where. All the soft key buttons work. it's just the search button wont illuminate. I've tried doing a soft reset, rebooting the phone, talking to samsung's online chat and even calling T-Mobile. Its really bothering me to only see the home, menu, and back button illuminated and not the search button. Anything could help, Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy s2 (White) SGH-T989

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Inspireblue :hello:

Try pulling the battery for a minute. Try a factory reset. That's about all I can think of and I don't know if that will help. Is it under warranty? Could you get a new one?
  3. Inspireblue

Inspireblue Member

Thank you, and i've tried both. Yes the phone is still under warranty you think i should send it to samsung?
  4. dupek

dupek Well-Known Member

If under warranty, you should replace it as is expensive to fix latter. If you feel adventurous, you can easy open the phone and see if the ribbon did not got lose from mainboard. It supposed to be glue to case, but you never know. The contacts are at the bottom. Small ribbon. Just pop out and reinstall.