1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Softbank eyeing Sprint

1. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikecintel

mikecintel Well-Known Member

Hope Softbank DOES acquire Sprint because then we have GSM phones and we don't need to go with AT&T OR T-mobile. Like what T-mobile is doing to Metro PCS after it merger it is going to "migrate" people to the GSM network and hopefully when Softbank dose acquire Sprint it will do the same as what T-mobile and Metro PCS after it merges. Then I don't have to go to AT&T to get a GSM phone.
  3. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Read about this in AF Lounge.

Softbank seems to be known for keeping subscriber costs low and preparing for the future (ie expanding LTE) which would be a good business model.
  4. mikecintel

mikecintel Well-Known Member

Softbank BOUGHT Sprint today.

Sprint Newsroom | SoftBank to Acquire 70% Stake in Sprint

This is GREAT! Now hopefully Sprint can be stronger then before. Well it was nice knowing Sprint. Farewell to Sprint 1899-2012. Now I feel like crying :( because Sprint will be gone. I joined Sprint from 2006-present and now with Boost Mobile still using the Sprint Networking. Looking forward to see what Softbank will do when it eventually takes over Sprint. Sprint took Nextel in 2005 and a few years later there is no more Nextel. Now it will be the same thing in a few years we won't even see the word Sprint on any of the cell phone anymore when they boot up the phone.
  5. ZingBot

Hopefully this will continue with New Sprint
  6. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

I think that the Sprint name will continue. Who has heard of Softbank?!?! But Sprint has a name. Just like about 10 years ago Cingular bought AT&T but kept the AT&T name.

I doubt if Softbank is going to buy Sprint and just going to kill the name. They probably paid a hefty premium for the use of the name itself. Just like you can open any gas station but if you want to call it a big name, like Shell or BP, you'll have to pay a hefty goodwill payment. Something in the vicinity of 100 thousand or more depending on location, etc. I think the Sprint name will stay, at least for a few years.
  7. ZingBot