• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Softbricked k2_cl HTC One SV

Good day everyone,

Please Help Me. Im not to sure what exactly i have done .but heres what information i do know.

I have a boost mobile k2_cl 4.2.2 sense 5 . While trying to root i seem to have deleted my internal sd and no longer have an operating system. i do have access to : bootloader which shows the following
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED K2_CL PVT Ship On RL
hboot 2.21.000
Radio 1.12.50.0516
Open DSD V10.2.0268.0401
OS
EMMC boot 1024 MB

I am also able to access fastboot as well as my recovery TWRP version 2.7.1-k2_cl. I was in the process of rooting it. I used the HTC.com guide to unlock the boot loader and using a "Mini-SDK" from Android Forums flashed the previously mentioned TWRP recovery. This was a three or four hour project for me to get this far and I was fairly beat by then but,

The only thing that did not go according to directions was that I had used a generic USB cable which was a loose fit into the phone. Near the end of my task I bumped the phone and the "kadink" "kadink" beeps that signal that something is either being plugged or unplugged from the PC did about 6 beeps. When I finally found an OEM cable and plugged it in there was no longer an operating system on the phone. Furthermore, the TWRP recovery would not function and perform any commands. Whether a back up or Format the SC card or to Wi pe anything, all options of the TWRP recovery produced the same results. the log reads when I tried the Repair function -

E: unable to mount 'int_sd'
E: unable to mount '/int_sd'
Updating partition details
E: unable to mount '/cache'
E: unable to mount'/data'
and E: unable to mount 'int_sd' and also unable to mount the following: internal storage, /int_sd during gui start up, /cache, then it says,
Full SELinux is present then,
E: unable to mount "/cache', /cache, int_sd/twrp when trying to read setting file. Then
Repairing ext_sd card using dosfsck...
Unable to repair '/sd card
Error repairing file system

But I also get about the identicle message, about being unable to mount anything it tries to mount with all the options of TWRP.
When I turn the phone on it hangs at the white "htc" screen. I have Windows 7 on my Compaq laptop working with the phone...
Is there someone to tell me what to do to fix this? I have a nandroid back up with the stock RUU to put back on it, or if you know of a better version of something could you advise me what to do?

Thanks a million guys,

mike
Heavy props to ModdingMyMind for the two weeks of PM's dealilng with this already... but to no avail....!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones