Software IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Prince Xisor

Prince Xisor New Member This Topic's Starter

Good afternoon folks,

About 3 weeks ago I had some software issues with my G1. Namely, that when you hold down the power button, instead of being given 3 options (power off, flight mode, and silent mode), I'm given 1, power off. Also, the home button no longer functions, it recognises that you've pressed the button (as the button itself lights up), but it has lost all function.

I took my phone into my local T-Mobile branch and handed it in for repair. 2 weeks later (tuesday last week) i got my phone back and everything was fantastic! But lo and behold, this morning, just 7 days after I got my phone back its happened again.

I suspected initially it may have been a malicious app I'd installed, but I hadn't installed a new app (the first time round) for around 2 weeks, and the second time round hadn't installed any apps I hadn't installed the first time round.

I tried to do a hard restart of my phone, but as the home button no longer has any function, this was not possible.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, did you fix it, and how?

Any other suggestons would be greatly appreciated too.

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I have not seen, nor heard of this issue yet. But since you already had it repaired once, could you not ask for a new device at this point?

3. Prince Xisor

I certainly intend to! Thankfully everything else functions fine, it's just a bit of a neusence (spelling?) having an inactive home button.

4. Prince Xisor

Morning folks!

Forgive my previos idiocy, I didnt realise the factory reset (found under the settings menus) was the same as a manual restart. I used the factory reset, and it's cleared the issue.

Now all I need to find is the root cause...