1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Software Keyboard Recommendations?Support

1. Bobulation

Bobulation Active Member

Hey everyone, have had my touchpad for a while now and got android on it a while back, but I'm still having issues finding a good software keyboard. Because it's on 2.3 I either get blown up phone keyboards or when I have tried to sideload tablet keyboards they don't seem nearly as good as the WebOS keyboard. What are you guys using for your software keyboard? Because this issue is really killing the functionality of the tablet for me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jblather

jblather Member

I use the "Hacker's Keyboard". It's the full keyboard with the number row and everything.
  3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I'm running Swiftkey and it's great. Tried hackers and after swiftkey, it doesn't cut it. I see they're on sale too. Usually $3.99 I think, but you need to install via Amazon b/c Market says "incompatible".
    Element54 likes this.
  4. nology

nology Member

Thanks for this..gonna give them a try and report back. I've only had my tablet for a few days and already notice how much easier it is to use the webos one
  5. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I use Thumb Keyboard and love it. I got it for free when Amazon had it as their free app of the day a while back. I've tried SwiftKey's Tablet version (VIP beta only), but it's missing arrows keys and that is something I need on my phone and tab keyboard.
  6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I am also using thumb keyboard,takes a bit to get use to but once you do typing is a breeze on the touchpad.
  7. pa49

pa49 New Member

I've always used Multiling keyboard.
    Takes a bit of getting used to but has a few nice +'s!
  8. jblather

jblather Member

I agree. The webOS keyboard is very nice. I miss it when I boot Android.
  9. Baiken

Baiken Member

+1 :rolleyes:
  10. strat1227

strat1227 Well-Known Member

I use it by default because I don't like anything else :/

I don't even use the thumb feature, just the full size one, a bit slow for me but overall better than anything else I've found

I use swiftkey on my phone but hate it on my tablet D:
  11. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I got swiftkey for free from Amazon and use it on my phone, then bought it on Cyber Monday for $2.99 for my TP. Also got thumb keyboard for free, but like the suggestions from swiftkey. Of course I bought it from Amazon so I could install on 3 tablets. :D
  12. nology

nology Member

I've been using Hacker's keyboard for the past two days. I love having the arrow and tab keys. But i still wish I could find an island style keyboard like webos, then I'd be satisfied
  13. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I switch between Swype and swiftkey.
  14. goat03

goat03 Active Member

I've always liked Thumb keyboard on my tablets.
  15. sleepingseason

sleepingseason Well-Known Member

I use Swiftkey on my phone but wanted a thumb keyboard layout for my Touchpad without having to stump up for it so I use Perfect Keyboard. Works well enough for me.