software number 3.30?Support

Last Updated:

1. melissai_

melissai_ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, so forgive me if it has because I don't know very much about the software end of my phone yet.

In my about phone settings section the software number is 3.29.651.5 and my brother mentioned that there is an HTC software update that would bump that up to 3.30 but when i click on my HTC software update button, it says there are no upgrades available.

Sooo does anyone know if this update exists? / if it does, where can i find it?

Advertisement
  2. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

My version is still at 3.29.651.5. I am rooted stock rom so i havent tried to update it lately.

Looking on Sprints site here is what is stated:

Release Date: 11/11/2010

Note: This update is only for newer devices with initial software version of 3.30.651.2. If you are running a different version than this, you will not receive this update and do not need it.
    This update fixes power cycling issue when accessing the camera through some applications, like Qik, on devices running version 3.30.651.2 only.

melissai_ likes this.
  3. melissai_

ugh :( my phone power cycles though. i need this upgrade!

4. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

You can try rooting and just re-load the stock rom. Just make sure to back up the phone and you wont loose your settings/ apps or layouts.

The only time my phone cycles is when im using the GPS and i get a phone call. After a moment of talking it reboots.

5. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

nothing changed in .30, just new drivers for a different camera module [as per HTC]

6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

I don't think this upgrade is going to fix that. Has your phone always done that or did it start recently? There are other ways of troubleshooting that.

7. melissai_

no it didnt do this when i first got it. but it does it rarely. mostly it does it when i have it plugged into my computer.