Software or Hardware?Support

Last Updated:

1. bcbutler20

bcbutler20 Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Sprint Hero now for about 10 mos. Aside from the already posted slights re: the 2.1 "upgrade", I didn't have any complaints until about three days ago.

My phone all of a sudden started a dance of doom involving simple freeze ups, to a bizzare function where the touchscreen has "dead" spots, and the notification bar takes over whenever I try an app or even try calling.

I have re-loaded 2.1, and done a manual cold-boot and it still will just randomly start acting up.

Help?

Advertisement
  2. bcbutler20

Have had my Hero for 10 months. Aside from the already highly mentioned slights from the 2.1 "upgrade", my phone has begun freezing or worse the touchscreen has formed dead spots and the notification bar will begin dropping any time a function of the phone is tried.

Help?

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Have you done all the normal cleaning on the phone? ie: clear cache in menu, settings, manage applications.. clear call logs and text logs...

4. bcbutler20

I actually did a hard re-set and still had the problem.

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

You could always root? Would solve most issues with 2.1

Only thing you could do is take it to Sprint store, even though they would do the exact same thing as you did, hard reset. Except they may see your issues and may do something for you

6. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I'd say Sprint store for sure, sounds like a hardware problem. Once they hard reset it (fixes everything of course) and see that it still has the problem, they'll be forced to honor that 1 year warranty. You'll probably get a refurbished one but hey, it's better than a broken one...