software s off!

1. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Advertisement
    agentc13 likes this.
  2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Wonderful!
    Glad I have the next few days off work to be able to get around to this. :)
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

cool,hit me up if you have any issues. i had a tough time getting it to work :eek:

a couple bits of advice for the masses:
    -if you get an error 99 instead of the required error 92,what fixed this for me was relocking the bootloader,then re-unlocking. if you have trouble getting the bootloader to relock,unplug,power the device off,give it a few seconds,power back on to hboot,select fastboot,then try and relock again.

-if you get a "segmented" error message entering the last command line,its due to some sort of super su binary issue. alot of folks that were having repeated failures finally got success after flashing viper one s 2.0.0( link ),myself included. so you may want to go ahead and flash it first ;)

*do not try with a locked or relocked bootloader. its remotely possible(happened to me) that PJ4010000 will flash and not fail,upgradiung your hboot to 2.15,wich is not good.

hope it helps :)
    agentc13 likes this.
  4. agentc13

It's pretty easy, SuperCID was more complicated than s-off. But both were fairly simple.
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

NOTE : Tested it MYSELF and it WORKS ! >>> Those weak of heart DO NOT proceed !!!

>>> Credits go to original poster, i'm just posting the link !!!

>>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2155135 <<<

Another NOTE : YOU HAVE to get SUPERCID before doing this !!!

I will post screens later !
  6. agentc13

FYI, I PM'ed Beaups yesterday about making a guide here for Facepalm S-Off with screenshots and everything, just waiting for permission to proceed. ;)

I found it to be a pretty simple process, but for those not used to adb/fastboot spelling it out and screen shots definitely help. :)

Also, merged this with Scotty's S-off announcement thread. ;)
    scotty85 likes this.
  7. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

let me know what he says. those guys get a TON of PMs,if you dont get anything back,might just ask him on IRC. if he doesnt mind,i may pm him as well... ill do one for HOXL,and maybe one for DNA.

im thinking a "safely flash other partitions" guide may be in order as well,and a "becareful what youre doing with s off" disclaimer,since bad flashes of some things can hard brick phones.
    agentc13 likes this.
  8. agentc13

Just talked with him on IRC, he said to write it up and let him see. So I would suggest getting in touch over IRC and working it out for the other devices.
    scotty85 likes this.