1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Software to SD Card

Last Updated:

1. AndrewTighe

AndrewTighe Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 4, 2010

Sorry if this has already been asked but I tried searching "transferring", "transfer" "install" "sd card" "sdcard" and couldn't find what I was after... anyhow...

Can anyone tell me how I can transfer my installed software onto my SD card. I have no space left on the internal memory but 6.79GB on my SD Card free! I keep getting updates saying I can now install things onto the card but don't know how to go about doing this?

Is there a way to set it up so that when you download new apps, they install onto the SD Card straight away?

On another note, I have a virgin contract and no update to Froyo. Have given up on it really as I am quite happy with the phone as it is (except for the storage issue).

Thanks for any advice

Andy T

2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Jun 2, 2010

It will give you a list of apps that can be transferred to your SD card, and will give you the option to do so. Not all apps can be installed onto the SD, but more apps are adapting to that daily. In the meantime, the apps that you can transfer to your SD should free up your internal memory.
  3. chinoAlone

chinoAlone Banned

Sep 26, 2010
    I do enjoy some large-size ones such as health or music apps. Hope installation onto SD card can be more accessible and easier to use.