Software Update 13/09/2010..... Problems!!!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. paul3580

paul3580 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Has anyone else had a software update request on the x10 in the last few days that hasn't actually worked, followed onscreen instructions but didn't do anything. Now the phone is cancelling calls, ringing random people on my past call list and going very slow.

I'm based in the uk and use t mobile as my network provider, contacted them but informed me i'd have to go through sony ericsson itself, spoke to somebody on work experience by the sounds of things, couldn't be bothered to help me, the best advice I actually received was to turn off phone, remove battery, restart phone, try to download the software update of the settings menu, did this but had the connect to your pc and try this message, the guy just said thats all that can be done to resolve this.

Has anyone got any advice whatsoever to help me with this potentially useless x10

Cheers
    Paul :confused:

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Did you do the update over the air, via your phone?

If you did then I would suggest having a go at doing the update via Sony Ericsson Update Service on your pc to see if this resolves the problems. I am with Tmobile UK too, but don't have the automatic update thing turned on.

paul3580 likes this.
  3. paul3580

paul3580 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'll try the update on the web tonight, fingers crossed though

4. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

im with tmobile and have the automatic search switched on but i didnt receive anything about an update.
    ric

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If the SEUS says you are up to date then you can select the repair option BUT make sure you back up your contacts and any important info saved on the phone (sd card shouldn't be affected) Apps you should be able to reinstall from the market. I'm no expert on the back up thing, so take all the other advice you can get!

Let us know how it goes tho. Hope you get sorted.

6. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

Mysterious Xperia X10 Update notification-installs only from SEUS( not via OTA )! Does nothing, just re-installs R2BA026!

7. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 Well-Known Member

Everyone mentions the "Backup your contacts" situation. Does this still apply if you are already setup to synch with Google? I am almost certain that I remember reloading the software on the phone on the fly, and after inputting my Google account info, all my contacts and calendar info was synched. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have been singing the praises of Android phones on this convenience.

8. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

Google's fine - you just need to log in again to get all your info back.

Ye, re the update, did mine through the laptop. Not entirely sure what the update was - it seemed to go through ok, but fairly certain all the info re builds etc is still the same. The phone does nothing different.

9. F1NinjaTZS

F1NinjaTZS Member

Did my update through a pc after the phone told me there was an update but that I had to connect via a computer to do it. Computer said phone was up to date but I persevered and did a fresh install anyway after using the built in back up tool. Disaster! No discernable change in settings i.e. firmware and build are the same, not sure about kernal, and after reinstalling my backup I still have no Facebook, Twitter or anything to do with Timescape, no emails, no contacts before those beginning with the letter T and of course no apps despite the fact that the backup tool specifically says it will cover the apps. AVOID

10. kaya82

kaya82 Member

iv had a similar problem after i updated software via pcc i can no longer recieve txt msgs phone kkeps saying no sim card in phone when there is and when i make or take a call it gets cut off really disapointed

11. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member

i got the same "new software available" alert yesterday, but when i tried updating through my phone, i got the message: you are already up to date with the new software :S

12. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member