Software Update 6.0.A.3.73General

1. Graham1275

Graham1275 Member

Morning Guys,

This update is now available via PC Companion, so no need to do anything manually if you're not confident. Just connect your phone and follow the on screen instructions. Doesn't require any knowledge.

Connected my handset last night to change some bits and received the notification.

Took about 20 mins or so. Not had chance to figure out what difference it's made yet, but I'll have a mess later.

Advertisement
    Tyseyh and Kaylesh like this.
  2. Kaylesh

Kaylesh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up Graham.. Just finished doing the update myself.. So we shall see what the differences are if any visable ones that is..
  3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Let us know what it does.
  4. Prso9

Prso9 Well-Known Member

I have 6.0.A.3.67 and when I connected my phone to PC Campanion it says my phone is up to date :(
  5. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

That is a bit weird, we are all in the UK, but mine too says it is up-to-date.

What networks you on?
    Im on Orange.
  6. Graham1275

Graham1275 Member

I'm on Orange too.
  7. Graham1275

Graham1275 Member

Don't know why this would make a difference but I did uncheck USB Debugging in Development and and checked Unknown Sources in Applications. That seemed to make it bring up the alert.
  8. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

I tried that, it installed more drivers but then still says it's not available.
  9. bayhota

bayhota Well-Known Member

seem as, but bought mine sim free, though using o2
  10. Graham1275

Graham1275 Member

Strange you should say that mate. I keep having an intermittent driver problem.

Sometimes I plug the phone into the computer and it's fine and connects instantly as you'd expect.

Other times it tells me there's a driver problem, tries to fix it, fails miserably and refuses to connect or do anything else.

Sorted it earlier by disconnecting everything, removing hardware and software from the laptop, deleting the drivers and then starting again like I'd never connected. To be fair I really can't be bothered doing that frequently....

Any suggestions/thoughts?
  11. davethorp

davethorp Well-Known Member

No update here either. I'm on an O2 Xperia S that has been debranded with 6.0.A.3.67 UK generic firmware
  12. Prso9

Prso9 Well-Known Member

I'm Orange too
  13. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

That is a bit weird, just see how it goes for now. Sounds daft but you plug it into the same USB port, right?

I guess that update is for Unbranded phones then. Mine doesn't come with the Orange Crap installed, but i don't have an update yet so i assume mines branded.
  14. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

What's the updates effects being like?
    I still don't have it.
  15. filatelisti

filatelisti Member

Battery improves significantly. Took the phone off charger at 7AM and after few calls, emails, sms' and short internet browsing at 1PM I still find 92% of the juice left! (Before update with similar usage I would find me in sub 80%) Sure using display more would drain it harder but still a big improvement! The phone tells me it still has almost two days of charge left. Nice nice! :)
  16. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Jealous..
  17. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

does this have to be done through a usb or can it jsut be done ota?
  18. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

i hear its via the Companion program.
  19. gabbyevs

oh i cant use that ive got sony bridge for mac
  20. gabbyevs

just plugged in and its saying no update avaiable on sony bridge

im on orange debranded btw
  21. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Same here
  22. gabbyevs

Just spoke to sony online they say its by network although that doesnt help as others on the same as us have it-and to keep checking
  23. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Wonder if it's because of branded phones.

Mines locked to Orange but I don't see any Branding. The box doesn't say Orange like my Desire does.
  24. gabbyevs

mine isnt locked though unless you mean contract phones rather than sim free
  25. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Bought mine on Contract