Software Update Available, Anyone know what it does?General

Last Updated:

1. chris221273

chris221273 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I clicked on update on my phone today and it said a software update was available.

Haven't been able to update yet as my phone battery is too weak apparently.

Anyone know what this update does, and should i be excited :confused:

I thank ye one and all

Chris

Advertisement
  2. morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2 Well-Known Member

well that depends on what firmware you currently have as all it should do is upgrade it to 023 it is NOT android 2.x this is not till at least oct!!!!

3. gemini53

gemini53 New Member

i upgraded and it formatted my phone...

4. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

What firmware do you have on their at the moment? (Settings>About Phone>Build Number>
    It'll probably end in 14 or 16. Upgrading improves the overall performance of the phone, battery life is reported to have improved and just generally feels nippier :p. Especially timescape/mediascape :).

The update build number will be dependent on region and carrier. Standard/generic UK ends in 020, where as T-Mobile UK and in India, it ends 23, where as Vodafone ends in 24. All supposedly the same but, just for different networks/regions but, some have found the call volume to be improved on 23 over 20.

Either way, it's recommended to update as it does improve the performance of the phone. It is an SE update though and not an Android update.

I upgraded and it kept my apps and settings but, it's always best to back up your settings/apps first. I was using My BackUp Pro but, it wasnt saving the app settings, I had to do that within the apps but, it did let me back up all the other data - contacts, messages, bookmarks, call log etc. Interestingly though, not my email settings/accounts :(. But didnt take two minutes to set them back up :).

5. madman13

madman13 Member

t-mobile uk do not end up with 23 its 20

6. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, sorry, my mistake. Now I cant remember which UK network ends in 23 though :s. I do remember T-Mob being 20 now though :eek:

7. morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2 Well-Known Member

Nope its 23 I have two X10's on T-mobile and both have 23 with the latest update

8. madman13

madman13 Member

well i have 1 and its on 20