Software update available in the UK now, other places soon

Last Updated: 2013-11-24 16:36:07
  1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

According to sammobile:

Samsung Galaxy Gear gets first software update (V700XXUAMJ8)

The Galaxy Note 3 has received a couple of software updates since its launch, but it

Advertisement
    ocnbrze likes this.
  2. sammyboy78

sammyboy78 Member

Hey...

anyone know how to manually update the firmware on my Galaxy Gear?

I have a Note 3 phone and a Mac?

I have software I believe was the original V700XXUAMII???

Any help gratefully received ...
  3. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

You wont need your mac to upgrade. Upgrade Gear Manager then in manager tap on Connected Gear the on software update
    ocnbrze and sammyboy78 like this.
  4. sammyboy78

sammyboy78 Member

Yeh tried that - but the Gear Manager appears to up to date and when I request a software update it says software is up to date...
  5. slatyford

To update gwar manager find the app in play store, it should give you the option to update via there
  6. sammyboy78

sammyboy78 Member

there's no app in the play store???? the only version is in the Samsung apps no??
  7. slatyford

Thats the one I meant lol
  8. sammyboy78

sammyboy78 Member

Ahhh so what is the solution?

Wait? Or Could I have a faulty Gear???
  9. slatyford

In Samsung Apps find Gear Manager and it should give you the option to update, do it.

Once app updates and watch has reconnected to phone click on Connected Gear.

From there click Software Update and let it check for update and let it update if available

You should then have the software version mentioned in the first post, to check this. On the Gear find setting, click on it, scroll to About Gear, click on that and scroll till you find Sofware Version
    ocnbrze likes this.
  10. ClarkKent32

ClarkKent32 Member

Any dates on US? I still show old version and tells me I have the most up to date software.
  11. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the updates are not global, they roll out by regions, so you might need to wait your turn. I just received my S4 gear update yesterday. The M7 version, with full notification support, while many others got it a week earlier, M8 Note 3 version.