Software Update Error - Server UnavailableSupport

1. Nakhon7

Nakhon7 Member

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem. For the past 4 or 5 days, my phone has not been able to update. I go to Menu > Settings > ATT Software Update > Check for Updates. After I do this, the phone searches for about a minute, and then returns the following message: Error - Server Unavailable.

I have tried several soft resets. I am able to access the HTC Wi-Fi Software Update. My phone is not rooted. I have chatted with ATT customer support, but all they recommended was a master reset. I'd rather not lose all my saved data. Thanks so much for any help or suggestions!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Well-Known Member

Are you trying to get the ability to sideload apps? Trying to update manually will do nothing. I think it gives that message when it is confused, mine did that when I was waiting on the update. You have to talk with customer service, and get ahold of tech support. They will push the update through to you. Or do the ATT support chat online. I heard it works even faster.
    Nakhon7 likes this.
  3. Gilbert120

Gilbert120 New Member

I am having the same issue and CS doesn't seem to be able to do anything. Their solution is that it is a phone problem so they want to replace my phone. [​IMG] Has anyone figured out what is going on!??:confused:
  4. Nakhon7

Nakhon7 Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I never found out what the problem was - this issue ended up pushing me to root (finally). It went very well, and I am enjoying Android Revolution HD now - no more problems and sideloading is enabled!
  5. Nakhon7

Nakhon7 Member

@Gilbert - Customer support gave me the same answer after a long, long chat. I went ahead and rooted the phone to enable sideloading. Got rid of ATT's bloatware as an added bonus.
  6. jrod0910

jrod0910 New Member

How do I root my HTC Inspire? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
  7. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Well-Known Member

All the information you need to root is already available here. No need for anyone to explain it again.