• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software update rolling out: 21.44.12 has VoLTE, widget fix

CrackedLCD

Jan 17, 2013
LA (Lower Alabama)
goo.gl
Looks like we're getting a software update rolling out in stages. Version is now 21.44.12.en.US. I got it this afternoon and it was about 32 MB.

Droid Life is reporting that the fix includes updates to VoLTE calling, but other sources also note it's got a fix for the weather not updating on the home screen widget that shipped with the phone as well as an update for the e-mail client.

I haven't been able to find much of anything on Verizon's site, but it looks like we'll be waiting a little longer for Lollipop. Which is OK by me, considering how troublesome it's been for other phones.

Reactions: CrackedLCD
Upvote 0
The sounds on the boot animation should not play if your phone was in silent or vibrate only mode when you restarted the phone. Honestly, I wish there was a way to disable them entirely (without rooting the phone.)

Aha. Mine's not in silent mode but it IS in sleep mode still when I turn it on most days. D'oh. I feel like an idiot for not realizing that before I posted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones