Software-Update running all the timeSupport

Last Updated: 2012-05-02 18:05:41
  1. rouce

rouce New Member

Hey there
    Today I installed the new Android ICS update on my sgs2. But since I installed the update the Software-Update tries to connect to a server.

I installed the update over the Mobile information (guess its called so, using the German language) > Software-Update > search for updates.

If I try to manually check for updates when the symbol for the Software-Update isn't displayed in the title bar, I get an errormessage concerning there might be a networkerror or servererror.

Does anybody know this problem? It's freaking me out -.-

Regards
    rouce

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hi rouce.. :)

What carrier are you on? I'm guessing you have the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S2. I would like to steer you in the right direction where you'll most likely get help.
    rouce likes this.
  3. rouce

rouce New Member

Yes I got an international version

Modell: GT-I9100
    Version: 4.0.3
    Basisbandversion: I9100XXLPQ
    Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100XXLPQ-CL223505 se.infra@SEP-94 #3
    Buildnumber: IML74K.XXLPQ
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Okay, I've moved it to where it can be seen by other users of the same device. Hopefully someone will chime in to assist you.
    rouce likes this.
  5. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

You will need to root it and Freeze or Uninstall the Software Update application. Looks like an unofficial firmware. They all contained the persistent Software Update bug.
    rouce likes this.
  6. rouce

rouce New Member

after rooting... how do I freeze the software-update? Is there some file to change or something like this?
  7. Baldilocks

You need to download Titanium Backup. Then open it and find the list of applications you have installed. Scroll down to the ones called Software Update and then 'Freeze' them.
    rouce likes this.
  8. rouce

rouce New Member

Thank you it worked!
  9. Baldilocks

You are welcome. :)
  10. rocking23nf

rocking23nf Member

hmm im getting "root access failed" when trying this solution.
  11. Baldilocks

Is your phone rooted?
  12. rocking23nf

rocking23nf Member

well I have a Bell Canada phone and they have never released an update, so i grabbed a 4.0.3 update that matched my CSC code and used Odin to apply it.

Everything is fine except that software update that wont go away.
  13. Baldilocks

Yeah, you need to root the software and then follow the steps I posted.