Software update to phones won from Samsung

Last Updated:

1. nogdolan

nogdolan Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone who won their Behold II from Samsung last year ever gotten an update? I just got off the phone with T-mobile and I was told that Samsung would need to send out the update. Please let me know if you have received the first update and then the 1.6 update, also has anyone received a forced update from T-mobile? The rep said that there is no way to force an update!:mad:

Samsung Mobile Be a Winner Giveaway

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

There's a thread for the second part of your question, and it doesn't look like anyone has received it yet.

In regards to the TMobile rep you spoke with over the phone.. he/she was clearly uninformed. Samsung creates the update for their phones, and then gives it to TMobile to push to the phones OTA. So while both are responsible for the update, TMobile is ultimately responsible for making sure their customers receive the update after Samsung creates it.

And I don't believe there is a way to force the update right now. Be patient, it's only the second day.

3. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

I won mine and I never received the first ota but updated through odin so I have no idea on how this is going to pan out if they will send one ota.

4. silentbob

silentbob New Member

i purchased my phone after the first update came out and missed it so i called tmobile yesterday and they were able to force the first update to my phone just a couple min's ago. hope this means i should b good to receive the 1.6