Software Update?Support

Last Updated:

1. mat

mat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a bit confused atm, got my G2 Touch a couple of weeks ago now, found out there was an update for it on the T-Mobile website, which apparently installed correctly. However in the "About Phone" section it still says:

Firmware Version 1.5

Just a bit confused because my mate has a G1 on T-Mobile and his phone updates directly over 3G and things look different like he has a more detailed battery log and his market place looks different. He hasn't done anything to it other than update normally directly through the phone either.

Is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. fatboygrim

fatboygrim Member

yes completely normal - T-Mobile UK haven't yet rolled out their "customised" version of the Android 1.6 update for the G2 Touch phones yet.

In fact I'm pretty sure I heard that they're skipping Android 1.6 and going straight to version 2.0...this should be available either just before or just after Xmas :)

3. sevarino

sevarino New Member

I have just got a T Mobile G2 Touch. So far very happy with it, but I keep reading about a firmware update. Currently mine is 1.5.
    Anymore info on when T Mobile are likely to release an update?

4. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

No official release day, just that the American version will get their update first quarter of next year. European hero has been out longer so may get it a little earlier but who knows. I doubt we are that far off as they have been working on it for some time.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It wasnt an update to android, just the phone rom build to fix some bugs