• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update

I had to de-root my phone and de-bloat (or re-bloat) my phone. I use bloat remover so I had to unfreeze everything. Then unroot. Then try. If it still doesn't work (mine didn't) I did a factory reset and then downloaded the update.

Btw my phone runs amazing now. I had some battery issues that I solved with rooting but my phone was kinda buggy because I froze soo much stuff. This update has seen my battery last all day on 4G. Very happy with it.

So, I guess you are still un-rooted? Are you doing anything to increase battery life. Any specific app or settings? Ever since 4G came to my area I only get 6-8 hours of battery. I was getting up to 16 hours on 3G. I didn't notice a difference in battery life after the OTA, just a decrease after 4G.

Upvote 0
So, I guess you are still un-rooted? Are you doing anything to increase battery life. Any specific app or settings? Ever since 4G came to my area I only get 6-8 hours of battery. I was getting up to 16 hours on 3G. I didn't notice a difference in battery life after the OTA, just a decrease after 4G.

I'm still unrooted (and will likely remain so until Gingerbread is pushed). I'd tried JuiceDefender for a time and it had an effect, but the radios wouldn't always wake up and I'd have to reboot the phone. I finally uninstalled it. I work in a city that recently got 4G and live in another that doesn't have it, so my phone switches when I cross the border. Before my work city got 4G, I had the radio turned off and would get 8-10 hours on the standard battery. When 4G was turned on at work I didn't notice much difference, but like I say it's not on 4G 24/7. The extended battery easily lasts 16 hours for me, but since I got the desk dock, I let the phone sit in the dock at work and power isn't an issue even with the standard battery. - MarkC

Upvote 0
I'm still unrooted (and will likely remain so until Gingerbread is pushed). I'd tried JuiceDefender for a time and it had an effect, but the radios wouldn't always wake up and I'd have to reboot the phone. I finally uninstalled it. I work in a city that recently got 4G and live in another that doesn't have it, so my phone switches when I cross the border. Before my work city got 4G, I had the radio turned off and would get 8-10 hours on the standard battery. When 4G was turned on at work I didn't notice much difference, but like I say it's not on 4G 24/7. The extended battery easily lasts 16 hours for me, but since I got the desk dock, I let the phone sit in the dock at work and power isn't an issue even with the standard battery. - MarkC

I will unroot you.LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones