• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software update?

No text ether on two warp phones,also come on now xman95 5 min to boot up,takes me a long 47 secs i say long cuss for some reason it just seemed longer when i actually timed it this time with a clock instead of the old one Mississippi,Two Mississippi, for some reason the last time i did it it was around ApolloStar2109 time that was before i had 100 some apps installed.

Upvote 0
I uninstalled the task manager and installed the pro paid version of Watchdog. It tells me that I have no apps misbehaving. Once again phone is freezing and rebooting. Useless. I will never buy another ZTE product again. This device should never have been released. Do they not do any testing or quality control at ZTE?
Im sure you do but i need ask anyway do you have B08C installed?

Upvote 0
Wrong. If i remember correctly the first Firmware update was thru Boost Mobil via 3g only,it would not install thru wifi.It was in "update firmware" option within the phone back in the later part of November or December.I was a new warp owner then and if memory serves me it was B06 too B08 I may be wrong but im pretty sure i am not.

I think you are correct I bought my warp in December and got an update like a few days after receiving it.

Reactions: justtom
Upvote 0
I think you are correct I bought my warp in December and got an update like a few days after receiving it.
Right i bought the first one for Christmas online and ended up giving it as a early Christmas gift to my oldest one and liked what i saw and went ahead and ordered mine about a week or to later online and receved it Christmas Eve Fedx along with my wifes Gold Neckless i ordered from Zales when me and the wife came home from Grocery shopping.Now i remember doing the update on the first one right after i received it and updating mine Christmas afternoon at my lil sisters house ,Knocksvile360 or something like that posted it up.Wow now i have all kinds of Christmas flash backs LOL....

Upvote 0
seeing a lot of advice to people with the reboot options/slow boot etc, but honestly guys, if you want a good experience with the phone use snake's ultimate root/cwm/data fix and install a custom ROM... not naming any good ones though since that would just be obvious... *cough* n00b ROM *cough*

;)

now THAT's a software update, you are right, zte/boost haven't been giving us good udpates so many of us have taken that on ourselves and I dare say we have suceeded so far, I have tried almost every custom ROM offered so far for the warp and boot times with no apps installed is between 25 and 35 seconds, with all my apps (including facebook) boot times are a minute and a half.

I don't have any reboots/freezes (mind you I don't play games on my phone), I am currently on my own ROM (n00b ROM) but had the same results with shinjitsu, wp7, blue, simple, etc... only freeze I have seen with custom ROMS are the ones in Beta testing, and the ones with overclock.

EDIT: one more thought, sometimes it's HARDWARE to blame, if you had frequent freezing/rebooting with no apps installed and the latest firmware (B08c as of yesterday) then you should take your phone back or call zte to work it out. The phone should at least be 70% stable with no apps installed and the latest firmware. To get the other 30% stability you have to go with a custom ROM IMHO.

Upvote 0
Boost does NOT do the updates at all. The manufacturer does....Boost has nothing to do with it.

But boost does have a contract with zte. Do you think they are gonna let zte just put out ics for the warp when they have a new ics flagship phone flying off the shelves at 300.00 a pop? And current customers paying 300.00 to get the latest ics phone that just came out? NO THEY WONT. im sick of the debate as to wether the warp will get official ics. It flat out wont and its rediculous to think it ever will.

Upvote 0
i've been using this phone for a month now. this is my second one, replaced the first cause it would randomly restart and freeze. that to me says its bad memory. but i also didnt use facebook on the second, and so far no problems.

my phone also starts within 50secs every time. i use advanced task killer to auto kill mobile id, mobilezone, and anything else stupid from boost. found mobile id actively looking at my browser history!

i play games, and use a few widgets and my battery lasts pretty much all day. but so far so good.

Upvote 0
i've been using this phone for a month now. this is my second one, replaced the first cause it would randomly restart and freeze. that to me says its bad memory. but i also didnt use facebook on the second, and so far no problems.

my phone also starts within 50secs every time. i use advanced task killer to auto kill mobile id, mobilezone, and anything else stupid from boost. found mobile id actively looking at my browser history!

i play games, and use a few widgets and my battery lasts pretty much all day. but so far so good.
I dont do the Facebook thing never will so i dont think that was your problem with the first unit.

Upvote 0
Thread has been cleaned. Please remember that there is no point fighting with one another. No one here has any control over the situation and we are a COMMUNITY striving for the best and that the fighting and name calling and mud slinging doesn't do anyone any good and just hurts the community as a whole.

Please keep this in mind in future posts. :)

Upvote 0
Boost does NOT do the updates at all. The manufacturer does....Boost has nothing to do with it.

The only say boost has is if it is an OTA update using there bandwidth. And they can say whether or not they want ICS on the warp. Other then that they have no say on ZTE hosted bug fixes

Reactions: Bren S.
Upvote 0
The only say boost has is if it is an OTA update using there bandwidth. And they can say whether or not they want ICS on the warp. Other then that they have no say on ZTE hosted bug fixes

Yeah but im pretty sure boost would okay an ics update but again WE ARE NOT GETTING ICS PEOPLE if the prevail hasnt seen it its clear we wont

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones