• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software update?

Yeah but im pretty sure boost would okay an ics update but again WE ARE NOT GETTING ICS PEOPLE if the prevail hasnt seen it its clear we wont

The prevail wont see ICS ever, ICS doesn't support the CPU straight out of the gate without heavy modifications to the kernel and OS alike. And even still it doesn't work right or very rarely starts up.

There are only two phones that could possibly get an ICS update and that's the Samsung transform ultra and the ZTE Warp. And of the two the warp would have the best chances at getting ICS as it is a top end device for ZTE, atleast if they wanted a continued customer base. As for Samsung they have plenty of other devices to focus their efforts on.

EDIT: Forgot the LG Marquee it has a greater chance then the Transform Ultra to get ICS so its a chance between the LG and Warp

Upvote 0
Thread has been cleaned. Please remember that there is no point fighting with one another. No one here has any control over the situation and we are a COMMUNITY striving for the best and that the fighting and name calling and mud slinging doesn't do anyone any good and just hurts the community as a whole.

Please keep this in mind in future posts. :)

Dropping the smack down lol

Upvote 0
@justtom > I'm on b08 not b08c...
Well you really should be running the B08C it seemed to help many with there force closings and freezes.But being that we are on the update page and we all are waiting for a mysterious update shortly i would just hold out and see what gives.But if you cant and for future reference here is the links and steps to follow ZTEUSA Then
Devices then Boost Mobil (sprint) Warp,Then Product support now you will have these:

http://www.zteusa.com/support/um/201111/P020111102443966896252.pdf

http://www.zteusa.com/support/mp/201201/P020120108253604692452.pdf

http://www.zteusa.com/support/mp/201201/P020120108252572663411.exe <<<< This is the upgrade

Its very easy and cut and dry just follow the steps,If you get stuck just post back i am sure someone will gladly help you I wont be around much the next two day i am taking the Family to Hershey Park for two days and heading out very shortly.Good luck and Have A great Day. Also like i said above i would not jump into this i would just wait and see what this new update holds.

Upvote 0
no new update

Well you really should be running the B08C it seemed to help many with there force closings and freezes.But being that we are on the update page and we all are waiting for a mysterious update shortly i would just hold out and see what gives.But if you cant and for future reference here is the links and steps to follow ZTEUSA Then
Devices then Boost Mobil (sprint) Warp,Then Product support now you will have these:

http://www.zteusa.com/support/um/201111/P020111102443966896252.pdf

http://www.zteusa.com/support/mp/201201/P020120108253604692452.pdf

http://www.zteusa.com/support/mp/201201/P020120108252572663411.exe <<<< This is the upgrade

Its very easy and cut and dry just follow the steps,If you get stuck just post back i am sure someone will gladly help you I wont be around much the next two day i am taking the Family to Hershey Park for two days and heading out very shortly.Good luck and Have A great Day. Also like i said above i would not jump into this i would just wait and see what this new update holds.

Upvote 0
not sure why people are so negative on here, but i guess that is just human behavior.

boost updated the prevail to gingerbread a couple months after they released their first gingerbread phone, so people saying boost never gets updates are being ignorant.

my warp runs perfectly fine as well, it very rarely freezes or even has apps force close. im thinking people are messing up more than they are improving by rooting their phones and changing things seeing as most of the complaints in this thread are coming from people who have rooted their phones.

that being said, i am also waiting to see what the update is and just came to this forum to see if there was any information on it.

Reactions: justtom
Upvote 0
You where right Bren, boost admitted on there Facebook page that they have no control period over updates so if ZTE decides on ICS then the warp will get ICS

Yep. :) I caught on to the FACT that Boost does not control updates back when the Prevail got updated. Boost had not been informed and could not stop it or alter it....and believe me they wanted to when people had issues due to even more memory lost due to the update to a phone that stock has a minimum of internal storage as it is.

Upvote 0
not sure why people are so negative on here, but i guess that is just human behavior.

boost updated the prevail to gingerbread a couple months after they released their first gingerbread phone, so people saying boost never gets updates are being ignorant.

my warp runs perfectly fine as well, it very rarely freezes or even has apps force close. im thinking people are messing up more than they are improving by rooting their phones and changing things seeing as most of the complaints in this thread are coming from people who have rooted their phones.

that being said, i am also waiting to see what the update is and just came to this forum to see if there was any information on it.

Actually Boost didn't update the Prevail...Samsung did. :) Just sayin' :) But I get your point about Boost phones having a chance at updates as well. :)

Upvote 0
Well if we do happen to get 4.0 i can bet you this my Rom will get updated immediately followed by a new Overclock kernel that should hopefully be fully functional. It would probably be the first one out lol

Haha :D ill he following to whatever update with my ROM :)

Sorry to burst your bubbles but uhhmmm... mine will be first hands down lol...

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
I thought watchdog was to monitor your 3g/4g usage?never new it had setting to close apps that misbehave.
it doesn't let you close them it monitors running apps to control them if they start eating to much CPU it will close them and im not refering to 3G watchdog im referring to watchdog task manager :D hope that clarifies that for you justtom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones