1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Software updateGeneral

1. FlyingPigL

FlyingPigL Well-Known Member

Woke up this morning to the notification that I was getting a software update from AT&T.

Are we getting Jelly Bean today? I haven't seen any news on this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I got that this morning too, new software version is 4.04.
    Still ICS.
    FlyingPigL likes this.
  3. FlyingPigL

Yep. I saw that just now. Boo hiss.

So any buzz on what this is?
  4. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I am at work now, don't have the time to see what has changed. Don't know anything about it. Hopefully, battery life will be better
  5. cashag95

cashag95 New Member

I got this too, phone software updated by AT&T, as best I can tell so far, the only differences I see are the battery indicator now shows the percentage instead of just the green battery indicator, the stock web browser looks to have been updated, to refresh a web page you now do it at the top to the far left of the address bar, and the notifications appear have been dimmed and look more transparent to me and it now has an arrow to show if you have more notifications than can fit in the area for them. Anyone else notice these or any others I haven't found yet?
  6. shandrarocks

shandrarocks New Member

I'm having trouble screen-shotting in the update that was released this morning and it's really frustrating! Have you all had any luck with it? If so - could you tell me the combo you used to make it work?!

THANKS!
  7. missislandgirl

missislandgirl New Member

Screen shots can now be done by simultaneously pressing the home and lock screen buttons.
  8. missislandgirl

missislandgirl New Member

can anybody tell me what other changes have been made to the os besides the obvious ones?
  9. wui2615

wui2615 New Member

Is the new UCLK3 the same as UCLE5? As in will i still be able to root it?
  10. howiesf

howiesf Well-Known Member

If it already downloaded to my phone and I delayed it 8 hours, is there any way to stop it from popping up? My phone was unlocked by ATT and I switched from Contracts to Net10 Unlimited. Unfortunately I had major issues with net10 until yesterday when they finally fixed it (we will see how long it lasts). Anyway, I read on other forums that this update causes a lot of problems so I would rather wait. Does anyone know of a way for me to stop it from forcing me to update in 8 hours?

Thanks
  11. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

What is a "lock screen button"?
  12. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

The lock screen button is the power button on the right side of the phone. It can be used to lock the phone's screen or power off the phone.
  13. rjdrivers

rjdrivers Member

My battery indicator is the same as always. Just the green bar. The only change I have noticed since the update to 4.04 is that the brightness adjustment slider hidden in the Notifications Bar is gone. Found a decent free replacement for it in the Display Brightness app.
  14. essenceofire

essenceofire Active Member

Anyone else experiencing random shut offs with their phone after the update?
    Halofromsue likes this.
  15. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

You have to enable the % in the notification bar in the Display Settings. Even if it is already checked, you'll have to disable and enable it for the % to show up on your notification bar.

Other changes: favorite contacts have to be slid left or right to call/text (4.0.3 had big tiles that you simply tapped to call favorites) and the settings menu now has icons.
  16. howiesf

Just like it did on my Galaxy S2 Epic 4G on Sprint, this update has made my phone basically useless. I have a new QCell extended battery that pre-update to 4.04 was lasting me like 2 days with moderate to heavy usage. Now I'm getting 14-16 hours. My signal strength and WiFi are both worse too. I guess it is time for me to throw in the towel and Root.
    Halofromsue likes this.
  17. howiesf

Yes I am having that problem too. I am gonna go out on a ledge and blame alll three now for this mess- AT&t, Samsung and a bit to Google. I asked on another forum for a good logging app so I can hopefully figure out what is causing it. Rooting soon.

18. jimmylavino

jimmylavino Member

I had one random shutdown after the update to 4.04, but that was happening frequently with 4.0.3 anyway. It seems the update to 4.0.4 fixed the issues that 4.0.3 had with notification sounds not working and notification item clicks to nowhere. Overall it seems like an improvement.
  19. Halofromsue

Halofromsue Active Member

Well, my phone worked just perfect when I first got it, until the ICS update, then my text notifications never went off, no sound, nothing.
    Until they notified me of this "fix" that fixed the sound problem, but my phone has shut off just today alone EIGHT TIMES! This is NOT good, esp if there was an emergency and people were trying to get in touch with me, and I have no idea that my phone isn't even on. NOT HAPPY! I'm DONE with AT&T. When my contracts over, so am I. After 12 years!!! If its not one thing, its another.
  20. cebu111

cebu111 Active Member

Just got mine updated to 4.0.4 now. Will try to observe it random shutoff is gone. So far its been 2 hours yet, so its too early to tell as of now.
  21. basiluf

basiluf Member

Yes. It started the same day I updated my phone, and now it happens so often I can't even turn the phone on without removing the battery and then plugging in the phone.
  22. essenceofire

essenceofire Active Member

I emailed samsung support about this and told them it was the upsate that caused it. They told me to try a different battery............seriously? What a joke. Are they going to give it to me?
  23. howiesf

I swear, even the so-called "Managers" at net10 are clueless. I am now told the issue is that I have a non Net10 phone and that my phone "may be incompatible." Stuck a friends ATT SIM in my SII and it flew.
  24. cebu111

cebu111 Active Member

So far it seems it has fixed the random shutoff from my end. Had the 4.0.4 already for a few days.
  25. FlyingPigL

Bunch of crap. I have THREE batteries for my phone - and I can change the battery and these errors/problems are ongoing. Recovery is fairly quick (small comfort file), but I don't believe this should even occur.

I blame the latest update 4.0.4 - none of these issues occurred before.