Software update?General

1. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

I'd consider editing the updater_script and removing the recovery format/extract lines...
  2. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

someone had to try it full on so I am going for it, I thought the same thing but am up for a challenge should one arise out of the update... booting now LOL
    drewhill77 likes this.
  3. drewhill77

Lol...well thanks for taking one for the team :D. Would you be able to dump and upload the system files so we can compare the patched files to the originals?
  4. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I will do, just rooted using my easy root zip so that's still good :)

it's a large update from b08c to b10, it replaced all apps/framework/kernel etc so this could be interesting. I will upload a backup of system/boot asap, backing up now.
    drewhill77 likes this.
  5. drewhill77

Sweet! I can already smell some b10 roms cooking lol.
  6. drewhill77

I wonder...with the different partitions being flashed if we might finally have a key to unlock the bootloader...
  7. drewhill77

Some interesting looking new apks...connections optimizer and such
  8. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

I was planing to do an image backup of the stock B08C image, then another after the update, then compare the two backups to see how far-reaching the changes are. All the different files resulting from the backup should be able to be copied over into the stock B08C ROM to make it send a phone right to B10G.
  9. mercury0x000d

Yeah, I noticed that and a couple other interesting ones, however IIRC I think they get deleted after install? I may be wrong. About to test some of them out now.
  10. mercury0x000d

I already see bloatware! lol

Google Play Magazines? Come on, lol Couldn't you just integrate that with the Play Store?

Google+ ...which last I checked never even BEGAN to chip into Facebook's user base.

A library for Amazon Video... hey, at least we're getting some ICS features if not the whole OS lol
  11. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

Did you somehow flash the update zip from stock or did you just wait for the ota?
  12. drewhill77

Lol yeah...saw that. I'm only browsing the zip via root explorer...I'll try to take a more in depth look over the weekend when I've got access to a pc
  13. mercury0x000d

Tons of incremental MPQ patching going on. And they included a new copy of like EVERY stock app. Why? I've yet to compare these to their B08C counterparts.

Also, we apparently now have support for the Matrix Vision series of frame-grabbers. Not sure if I want my frames grabbed in the first place lol
  14. drewhill77

Full new copies of apps or just patches?
  15. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

It seems regular system apps are patches and bloatware are all apks
  16. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

Yes, I copied the update zip to my sd card and flashed it through stock recovery
  17. mercury0x000d

Mostly MPQ patches.

Also, the OpenCore update / patch modifies the Android multimedia framework. About time.

I plan on running stock with this update for a while, just to see how it differs from B08C. I'm underway getting the patches applied to get a working, installable image ready. After that, it's time to make Warp OEM B10G based :)
  18. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member

Either way the carrier controls everything connection wise with the phone so its still a win win situation for em lol.
  19. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member

Can someone get a copy of the update.zip and upload it for me please?
  20. drewhill77

00ffej did so already...just scroll up ;)
  21. mercury0x000d

22. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

Can't I just do the samething? I'm rooted. I don't feel like going back to stock then re-rooting :p
  23. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

No,it's been stated you cannot.
  24. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

DAMN IT! lol, I don't feel like re-rooting my phone -____- then flashing noob rom
    T___T /whining lol.