Software update?General

Last Updated: 2013-04-08 15:29:26
  1. mikegmoney

mikegmoney Well-Known Member

Ok I got a question.wat good would the update be anyways, cuz if u have to go back to stock,unrooted to get the b10 version.u would be stuck with a stock rom(b10) until sum1developed a b10 based rom. Right?u could always flash a bo8c rom but u would loose the b10 firmware.if any of that makes sense.cuz after u: update u have to stay on a b10based rom other wise u will go back to bo8c right?

Advertisement
  2. mikegmoney

One more question..this one will make sense this time.lol.do we know for sure that we can reroot again after the update?
  3. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

I would recommend waiting for devs to create a b10 based Rom. You won't be any happier with a stock b10 full of bloatware.
  4. mikegmoney

Wats supposed to be so good about, this update anyway?(as far as boost and zte r concerned)cuz every firmware "update" they have sent out so far has been a disappointment.I think its all a bunch of crap just so they can try to make us stay stock and unrooted.I'm ready for an update that I will actually be able to tell that I have lol..
  5. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

And with this said, I'm not un-rooting lol.
  6. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

I will update n00b with this update soon, frankly beyond some new bloatware I don't see any real improvement... I am curious what was changed on the kernel side though
  7. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

I was able to root using my simple root zip, they did do something new to block data and kernel changes bit I was able to restore a twrp backup although I had to flash it twice to get data and kernel back
  8. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't ZTE/Boost comment on this update and tell us what exactly it is?
  9. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator Guide

You are correct. There's really no reason (unless you love being stock lol) to jump to this as it seems to add no new useful features. You're better off waiting for a B10G ROM to get this on your phone. Even then, the biggest benefit of being on B10G will be not having your bandwidth taken up while the system tries to get you on B10G lol

Yes, I've gone back to root a few times since the update.

What kind of things did they do to block? Just wondering since I had no trouble going from my daily driver image to stock B08C to B10G and back to my daily again.
  10. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

might just be my phone, I think I have developed an issue with my usb so files don't always transfer correctly.
    mercury0x000d likes this.
  11. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

**** the update just create a hybrid rom!!! All zte/boost handset updates are gonna blow donkey ass and suck monkey balls! It doesn't matter if someone creates a Frankenstein rom just make something new and sick AF for the warp.. no pressure I'm just hungry for new shit to check out. I also apologize for the aggressiveness of my post....

PS.
    Frankenstein should be the name of the first hybrid rom, if one were to ever be released of course.

P.p.s
    I feel better now that I've released some aggression lol
  12. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

Warpenstein or Frankenwarp ;)
  13. 00ffej

00ffej Well-Known Member

Frankenstock?
  14. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

15. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

that sounds like the main differences between the boost and public mobile rom... whats the resulting build number after the update? this may cause scaling issues for those using kernel ramdisk for the b08c on their updated boost mobile warp...
  16. mercury0x000d

According to settings/about phone/SW Version it's now N860v1.0.0B10.
    LilBit and smartmanvartan like this.
  17. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

B10 is the new build
    LilBit and smartmanvartan like this.
  18. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Well-Known Member Contributor

So in the end is the update beneficial or not???
  19. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Can you flash a OC kernel on stock B10? Anyone wanna try?
  20. mercury0x000d

Just confirming both TWRP and the Alien Kernel to be compatible with the update :)

Edit: I must've been typing this while you typed your question, Bit lol
    LilBit likes this.
  21. LilBit

Awesome!!!!!:D
  22. mercury0x000d

Not obviously, at least. Still probing the innards and such, but not that much really changed. I think the main point of the update was to get everyone (except us here, that is ;)) running Connections Optimizer, given the focus of their recent "use WiFi, not 3G when possible" campaign and it's enabled by default and integrated into the settings menu.

Also, it's funny how they patch all our apps in the update, then you go to the Play Store and like 5 of them are out of date already lol
  23. LilBit

That will eat up more battery running all the time looking for a signal!!
  24. mercury0x000d

I agree, but in their article about it they claim they reduced the seek interval for WiFi so that it doesn't search as often as before. I'm still not convinced it's useful. I'm perfectly capable of managing my connections myself, thank you :p
    dylanp likes this.
  25. LilBit

So, what we have here is a Stock B10 build, Rooted, CWM or TWRP. Plus OC?