Software updatesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Musclehead84

Musclehead84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am trading my evo in tomorrow for the epic. I was reading about them today and I saw that at the end of September there was an update for software d07 and if you had d17 or d27 you can't update. If I get my phone tomorrow what do they come with out of the box? I want to be able to update to d18 to get the upload cap off. So should I ask to loom at the phone before they activate it to make sure it is d07 to get the update? Also how are there diff. Software out for them? Why do some have d27 and some have d07. Thanks for your help and I can't wait to try my epic out.

Advertisement
  2. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

As long as the phone updates to DI18 you are fine. It will however need to do the other updates first and will do them automatically. Now if after 24 hours (it should be sooner) you don't see DI18 showing on the handset take it back. Some early handsets left the factory with defective core software that keeps the handset from updating properly and the handset will need to be exchanged. I'm sure however the bad ones are mostly out of the retail system by now. Im sure the newer handsets already have DI18 pre installed.

3. Musclehead84

Musclehead84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my phone today and software version 27 so I have to get to version 7 and then to 18. How do I do it? My phone says there is no updates. I read somewhere that the update to 7 isn't being pushed anymore. Anyone know what I can.