Software Upgrade from Metro

Last Updated: 2013-01-25 07:01:07
  1. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

I'm getting a software upgrade notice on my GS3. It says to remove the external card and the phone cannot be used during the upgrade, not even for emergency calls. Should I assume this is Jellybean being pushed to my phone?
    If it is I'd think it would come on the weekend and not at 6:30am on a Tuesday.

Advertisement
  2. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

No that's just a gps fixed no biggie I did mines this morning but had to do it with an unroot rom.
    nailzer likes this.
  3. Necromonger89

Necromonger89 Active Member

Yeah, its a fix and security patch Samsung has been pushing. No Jelly Bean yet. You can try some of the roms on the other forum. Am currently on Black Bean 7. Visit the Metro PCS Galaxy S3 forum. You can find guides on rooting and flashing roms there.

Also, not sure if you know, but the update Metro PCS will be giving us is 4.1.1. Other devs have already gotten a hold of the leaked update. You can try a hybrid rom like Black Bean 7 which is based off of 4.2.1. It has the photosphere mode and ability to add widgets to lockscreen.

EDIT: Black Bean 7 doesn't appear to have Photo Sphere. I can see why. Tried flashing, then moving and everything works except the regular camera. :(
  4. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

the update contains two things the e911 gps bug so the dispatcher can track you if u need help and a kernel that should of been released long ago but other than that dosnt improve performance dosn't make your phone look any different.
  5. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I think you forgot; "and allows the armed police drone's weapon systems to more accurately target and lock in on you."

:D

Bruce in Ocala, FL-there happens to be a Nova show tonight on drones. DOTB.
  6. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

trying to get people paranoid are we eh :D
  7. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

8. Necromonger89

Necromonger89 Active Member