• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software upgrade needed.

bodegg

Lurker
Sep 6, 2013
I've had my hands on the neo3do for just over a week now and first impressions are good but could be better. I also own a fujifilm V3 viewer for use with my W3 3d camera and it allows you to zoom into the 3d images which brings a whole new dimension to the viewing experience. Also I have found that the neo3do doesn't like to play the 3d videos I have taken with the W3. It will display them in 2D but won't play them in 3D. I can only assume it's a software issue and I'm pleased to hear that Tridef are on the horizon as their software is excellent used with my 3D LG monitor. I realise this is early days and there is huge potential for this device, but it must be totally compatible with equipment that is already in use for that potential to be exploited to the maximum.

Edit: Just been tinkering a little more and I've realised that it doesn't much like the still 3D images from the W3 either! Copes quite well with stereo images I've created from two 2D frames but struggles with the W3 mpo's, possibly due to size. Hmmm...

After more tinkering I am finding I can get acceptable results with 3d images by moving the parallax slider, however this is extremely fiddly. Also I have tried the 2d/3d conversion with normal 2d images and I can't get that to perform at all. The resultant image is a complete mess. Could I be doing something wrong here?

Not having much luck converting my existing 3d movies taken with the W3 to a format that the neo3do likes.

I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed by it at present. I really wanted to show it off to my friends, some of who are interested in 3d and some who are sceptical, but the results aren't giving me the 'wow' factor I wanted. I won't be ditching my old stereoscope just yet. I'm hoping with Tridef on board we'll see better performance.

Upvote 0
Reading the other post it would seem some kind of update is available. My tablet is missing the Tridef software so it's probably an earlier one. Some updating support would be nice, in fact support of any kind wouldn't go amiss here as that's what this forum is for?

An easy one then; has anyone found a suitable case for their neo3do?

Upvote 0
there should be a new 4.1 firmware soon, there is currently a slight issue with the 3d games app but this should be resolved soon. Tridef should be releasing a 3d gallery app through the play store that lets you adjust 3d depth etc.

Ive ordered a case from ********** with a description "original special leather case for gadmei E8hd tablet pc/ itoos i8 leather case.free touch pen,free shipping" Ive been informed its a perfect fit for the NEO3DO i will post on quality and fit when it turns up.

bodegg what issues are you having with your 3d content, does it not play at all or another issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I've just googled the description you gave for the case and ordered one myself.

Still can't successfully convert 2d images to 3d. There are two images present but they have become widely stretched and don't seem to be properly interlaced. Converting 2d movies to 3d does work.

My main issues are with the functionality of the software. There is huge potential for this to be far better than it is, for instance zooming into 3d images isn't possible now but is a great effect. The fact that it won't play popular 3d media files, such as fuji W3 movies, is a massive fail. Why bring out a 3d media player that isn't immediately compatible with a popular 3D media capture device? If the next generation of 3D tablets play any type of 3D content you care to throw at them then the neo3do will be consigned to the history books. I really want this to be a success but improvements need to be made. I use TriDef software with my 3D monitor and it's superb at playing any type of 3D media. The 2D to 3D conversion is first rate too. If the neo3do can perform just as well with the TriDef software then we really are on to a winner.

We'll see how the firmware upgrade goes...

Upvote 0
Update on the case although great quality, it is slightly obstructive to the bottom of the screen by 1 or 2 mm, some careful stretching will hopefully solve that.

What format are your 3d movies in? any chance you could upload and PM me a link to try(even if you just record a few seconds), all formats ive tried have worked. if your video doesnt work I have loads of different conversion software(Free and Paid for) that I could try.

Tridef do have a 3d android player with adjustable depth and more features than the current 3d player. I have emailed Tridef as Ive seen the software running on the hampoo 10.1 glasses free tablet available in China. They said they are looking to release it in the near future, but im guessing hampoo have the rights for that software(hopefully im wrong in that)

I`ll try some 3d photos to see how they look, I have a sony bloggie 3d ive tried the videos and they look good on the NEO3DO. I think the 3d photos on that are also .mpo`s aswell.

I dont think there is currently an option of converting 2d to 3d photos with current software on the tablet, as the software assumes you already have a Side By Side image and uses the tablets screen to show as 3D resulting in an overlapped image which looks terrible.

4.1 firmware will improve processing speed noticably. goods for gaming and framerate on 2d to 3d conversion.

Upvote 0
The fuji W3 creates 3D avi movie files which the neo3do doesn't like. Yes of course I could convert them but that can take a long time. The point is why should I? The device that does it all with the minimum of fuss is the winner. It's a bit like ipod/phone vs. android. Try putting mp3's on apple gear - answer, you can't without first messing around with the dreaded itunes crapware and various conversions. Mp3's on android? Drag and drop. Sorted. Quick and no fuss.

What I wanted out of a glasses-free tablet was to win round some of the 3D sceptics who complain about the polarising glasses. I wanted to be able to show stereographic images I had created and 3D media captured with my W3 and instead of looking at it's screen (although it's small it's very good) showing the results on a larger tablet size device*. This I can only partly do at present. If the eagerly awaited Hampoo tablet can do all this and more with the superior Tridef software, I'll no doubt buy one of those. An opportunity will have been missed.

* I managed to buy the dedicated fuji V3 glasses free 8" viewer and although it's mains powered (it's only downside) the display is truly awesome and is far better than the neo3do... at the moment. If it had been battery powered and portable I wouldn't have bought the tablet.

Reactions: balusuha1243
Upvote 0
Completely understand that dont and shouldn't need to covert files. If you upload a sample for me to try.

Ive tried mpo files taken from the bloggie 3d they work ok and some look a lot better than others. Ive found with a few 3d cameras and video cameras they dont all produce the best 3d all the time with out some sort of adjusting later. Pictures and videos taken on the bloggie look ok when played back on the bloggie but when viewed on 3d tv/monitor they dont always as good.

Hopefully new firmware will have to changes to software to get the best out of your media, the hardware is capable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones