Software Versions and lag- PLEASE Compare!

Last Updated:

1. CitizenD

CitizenD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My friend was a store advocate for the Hero and received his model before launch date. He received an in-store only software update mid-last month. I bought mine less than two weeks ago and did the software update last week. His phone is smooth as can be with plenty of widgets and apps, while mine is bogged with lag no matter who many times We have some software differences, I'll list them below.

-Baseband version:
    mine-1.04.01.09.21
    his- 1.00.09.08.28

-Build number:
    mine- 1.56.651.2 CL85027
    his- 1.22.651.1 146733 CL62456

-Software version:
    mine- 1.56.651.2
    his- 1.22.651.1

Please, please compare your software versions with these and tell me if your phone is laggy. Mine is ridiculously laggy and I'm ready to send it back. His runs great and if mine ran as smoothly as his, I'd keep it. If you've got any advice or comparison info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

What do you mean in-store update? Is that an update only provided to those that work in the Sprint store?

3. CitizenD

At this point, the Hero wasn't available to the public, so yes, it was only available to those who worked at Sprint. I assume that it wasn't done OTA because it was too large, but he wasn't told exactly why.

4. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... I wish I wrote down my previous software version before I updated last week so I could compare the two. I wonder if I go to a Sprint store and ask about this if they would flash the "in-store" software to my phone:cool:.

5. CitizenD

My software version numbers seem to be higher than his, yet his runs a lot smoother. I'm really confused. Honestly, I'm thinking of switching out for the Pre. I'm sure a few folks will freak out and tell me horror stories, but I want something that runs smoothly.

6. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Same thing I'm wondering. But by comparing the software version your friend would theoretically have an older version. But since it's as said an "in-store" only update for those that work at Sprint, it may be a newer version.:confused::confused::confused:

7. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Did he do the recent update?

8. CitizenD

No, he can't, and neither can any of the other advocate phones with the same software versions. But he also hasn't had any problems that the update last week fixed.

9. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Boo. I want.

10. CitizenD

I just spoke to the service and repair center that did the update to the advocate Hero. They said they don't even know what the update did and they've been trying to figure it out. All I know is that my friend's Hero runs smoothly. Mine doesn't.

11. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a custom rom for Sprint employees?

12. CitizenD

I can't imagine what purpose that would serve.

13. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

They probably use this custom rom to help push the phones out the store. If a customer was to go into a Sprint store or knows someone that works at Sprint that has a Hero that ran smooth and lagless, they would most likely buy it. Hence the need for an "in-store" custom rom for their employees. It's most likely used as a marketing tool.:(

14. CitizenD

So why not release it for everyone if the phone will run more smoothly? My friend is putting the new update on his phone, so we'll see what happens.

15. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Was you phone slow and laggy out of the box? If not, can you list your applications installed, I mean non Pre-Loaded apps?