• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sold iPhone 3GS, pro/cons of getting HTC Incredible

dinosaur1

May 1, 2010
iPhone

Pros
free texting app
plugs into my car stereo via usb cable
monthly FAN discount

Cons
horrible coverage and quality
3G network sucks
way too many apps, most are useless.

Why should I get the HTC Incredible with what I have pointed out here?

If you are referring to the textPlus app for free texting it is also in the android marketplace.

I had the iPhone and was sick and tired of all of the dropped calls with AT&T. Plus it was the iPhone 2G so i was still on Edge. I'm loving the Incredible. It's an amazing phone. App wise you will still see shoveware apps but that is too be expected. Really the only con for me is that I can't connect my incredible to my headunit (only has Alpine iPodconnect). that is an easy fix though if I really want it that badly. Besides, its not like the iPhone stops working as an iPod. I can still keep that in the car for music.

It's your call really. You can switch now, or wait and see if the new iPhone does actually release for Verizon this year. Problem solved if that happens :p

Hope that helped.

Upvote 0
I'm switching to the Evo 4G (from a 3G Iphone), but I understand where you're coming from. My new car also has ipod controls, and streaming through Bluetooth does not sound nearly as good. I'm dumping my Iphone library onto a little tiny 8GB USB drive, and I'll play it from there. I won't miss all the dropped calls I get on AT&T. You'll have much better service and coverage on Verizon.

Something like this will still fit under my car's USB input cover and is 8GB.

elecom_mf_su2.jpg

Upvote 0
i went from a G1 to a Behold 2 and then to an Iphone 3gs

sorry to say but i love the iphone 3gs the most. its got the best games and some of the most awesome apps.

sure android is open but its almost too open. everything is everywhere and i think 90% of the apps on android are ass. thats not to say alot of the apps on iphone arent just as bad. but the amount isnt nearly as bad.

i miss a few things from android, but on the hole i feel that the iphone honestly is top dog because what it does it does right. sure you cant have a background but boohoo.

keep in mind, i still absolutely love android and am considering doing the duel boot android OS on the iphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones