Pros
    free texting app
    plugs into my car stereo via usb cable
    monthly FAN discount

Cons
    horrible coverage and quality
    3G network sucks
    way too many apps, most are useless.

Why should I get the HTC Incredible with what I have pointed out here?

Advertisement
  2. Capt.D

Capt.D Member

I finally switched due to at&t having crappy service where I work in Louisiana and where I live in Alabama...Verizon has improved their networks. I got the Incredible and must say I'm very impressed...

3. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the easiest way to to play music from an app, charge the HTC and take calls in my car? Anyone have any solutions?

4. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

If your car stereo is Bluetooth-capable, you can stream music and take calls that way.

5. Gibbs

Gibbs Active Member

If you are referring to the textPlus app for free texting it is also in the android marketplace.

I had the iPhone and was sick and tired of all of the dropped calls with AT&T. Plus it was the iPhone 2G so i was still on Edge. I'm loving the Incredible. It's an amazing phone. App wise you will still see shoveware apps but that is too be expected. Really the only con for me is that I can't connect my incredible to my headunit (only has Alpine iPodconnect). that is an easy fix though if I really want it that badly. Besides, its not like the iPhone stops working as an iPod. I can still keep that in the car for music.

It's your call really. You can switch now, or wait and see if the new iPhone does actually release for Verizon this year. Problem solved if that happens :p

Hope that helped.

6. Tomoko

Tomoko Well-Known Member

iPhone is a closed ecosystem, Android is open. YOU choose your hardware, YOU choose your screen layout. YOU are in control, not the other way around.

7. Lovingthesonic

Lovingthesonic Well-Known Member

thats a great way to put it. plus the iphone home screen is just plan ugo

8. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I'm switching to the Evo 4G (from a 3G Iphone), but I understand where you're coming from. My new car also has ipod controls, and streaming through Bluetooth does not sound nearly as good. I'm dumping my Iphone library onto a little tiny 8GB USB drive, and I'll play it from there. I won't miss all the dropped calls I get on AT&T. You'll have much better service and coverage on Verizon.

Something like this will still fit under my car's USB input cover and is 8GB.

[​IMG]

9. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

i went from a G1 to a Behold 2 and then to an Iphone 3gs

sorry to say but i love the iphone 3gs the most. its got the best games and some of the most awesome apps.

sure android is open but its almost too open. everything is everywhere and i think 90% of the apps on android are ass. thats not to say alot of the apps on iphone arent just as bad. but the amount isnt nearly as bad.

i miss a few things from android, but on the hole i feel that the iphone honestly is top dog because what it does it does right. sure you cant have a background but boohoo.

keep in mind, i still absolutely love android and am considering doing the duel boot android OS on the iphone.