• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sold my Iphone 5S for the G2

jimbo1mcm

Android Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2010
I recently tried the HTC one, the Moto x and the LG G2. The G2 works for me as good or even better than the Iphone 5S. Battery life is great, the customization of Android is super and the larger display is very pleasing. I've had an S3 and a S4 before, so I was familiar with Android. The KitKat on the Verizon G2 is smooth and the knock, knock allows me to use the phone without ever even touching the back buttons. I recently ordered a wireless charging plate. This phone is a winner. Don't hesitate if you are looking in this area.

I'd like to reply to this. I think the current crop of 2014 top level Android phones are better than the current Iphone. My G2 has 2 GB of Ram, a large screen with super sharp resolution, optical image stabilization, and wireless charging. Apple has certainly fallen behind. However they are going to bring out a very good phone in the fall, with a 4.7 inch screen. I don't think it will surpass the 2014 Android phones, though it will be a very good phone.

Upvote 0
I'd like to reply to this. I think the current crop of 2014 top level Android phones are better than the current Iphone. My G2 has 2 GB of Ram, a large screen with super sharp resolution, optical image stabilization, and wireless charging. Apple has certainly fallen behind. However they are going to bring out a very good phone in the fall, with a 4.7 inch screen. I don't think it will surpass the 2014 Android phones, though it will be a very good phone.

The thing is the reasons people often choose android over apple is the screen size. That advantage is gone in the fall. I just might take a look at that 4.7 inch phone.

Upvote 0
Congrats on your LG G2 and switch from the iPhone. I had an iPhone 5 as my primary phone and bought an LG G2 as my work phone. After less than a day of using the LG G2 I had the phone lines switched so my LG G2 was my primary/personal phone. Now any time I use my iPhone 5 I feel like I'm subjecting myself to some form of punishment. As a result I'm eagerly awaiting the LG G3 release, which I'll be getting as my primary/personal or work phone to replace that miserable iPhone 5. :)

Upvote 0
Congrats on your LG G2 and switch from the iPhone. I had an iPhone 5 as my primary phone and bought an LG G2 as my work phone. After less than a day of using the LG G2 I had the phone lines switched so my LG G2 was my primary/personal phone. Now any time I use my iPhone 5 I feel like I'm subjecting myself to some form of punishment. As a result I'm eagerly awaiting the LG G3 release, which I'll be getting as my primary/personal or work phone to replace that miserable iPhone 5. :)

I used an Iphone 5 a few weeks about a year ago. The only major complaint i had was the battery life was putrid. The LG G2 is certainly a much better device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones